Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas table toppers - easy!

Christmas table toppers - easy!

I'm not even sure I took pictures of all the toppers/runners I've made. Walmart had cute Christmas fabric that I got after Christmas last year from 69 cents to $1.10/yard. The pattern is based on one I found on here - 5 rectangles that I made 6X10 or so - depending on how much fabric I had. Sashed with 1 1/2 inch strips (cause I had some pre-cut from another project) and added 3 1/2 inch borders - all those are before sewing sizes. I pulled the backing around for the binding. I gave these to my grandson's pre-k teachers - principal, music teacher, PE teacher, teacher and aide. I have been visiting him at school about once a month - he has Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism) and ... they work very hard with him. I taught with the PE teacher and the music teacher taught my son over 20 years ago. I'm also a music teacher so we travel in the same circles. All that to say that I wouldn't normally give gifts to a grandson's teacher - and didn't for my other grandson (who lives in a different town). Also have a few left for those last minute gifts.

The sashing is Moda, not Walmart. The Santa/music fabric is from fat quarters I bought at the Houston Quilt Festival last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by JanTx; 12-13-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    So many quilts, so little time.

Very cute.

Those are beautiful! What a thoughtful person you are.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Thoughtful? Maybe. Grateful? Definately! It was just pure fun delivering these today. His class went to sing at a nursing home and I went along to ... be sure he didn't freak out. He was great. This public school pre-school classroom has 26 children in it. Can you believe? Several are challenges, but he's the challenge I love.
    So many quilts, so little time.

Such a simple pattern but beautiful results. Thanks for sharing.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Power Poster
    Your runners are beautiful! I like them all but I think I like the snowmen one best because you can use it all winter not just at Christmas. I wish our Walmart had fabric bolts. They always had the best seasonal selection before they took out the fabric last year. Is that a plastic bag of tiny Jacob's Ladder blocks I spy?

Those are adorable!! Love the snowman one.
    CAgirl1

Quote Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
    I'm not even sure I took pictures of all the toppers/runners I've made. Walmart had cute Christmas fabric that I got after Christmas last year from 69 cents to $1.10/yard. The pattern is based on one I found on here - 5 rectangles that I made 6X10 or so - depending on how much fabric I had. Sashed with 1 1/2 inch strips (cause I had some pre-cut from another project) and added 3 1/2 inch borders - all those are before sewing sizes. I pulled the backing around for the binding. I gave these to my grandson's pre-k teachers - principal, music teacher, PE teacher, teacher and aide. I have been visiting him at school about once a month - he has Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism) and ... they work very hard with him. I taught with the PE teacher and the music teacher taught my son over 20 years ago. I'm also a music teacher so we travel in the same circles. All that to say that I wouldn't normally give gifts to a grandson's teacher - and didn't for my other grandson (who lives in a different town). Also have a few left for those last minute gifts.

The sashing is Moda, not Walmart. The Santa/music fabric is from fat quarters I bought at the Houston Quilt Festival last year.
    Cute way to use fabric that often has a bigger pattern. And seems fairly easy to do. Thanks a million for the idea.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

How nice of you! Rest assured, your grandson, and his educators appreciate all that you do. My sister is a music teacher as well. Amazing how music can reach AND teach people. Those look like such great gifts, and I plan to scope out Wal-Mart and JoAnns right after Christmas for some deals like you got. Great looking Jacob's Ladder blocks on your table too! Merry Christmas!
    ~ Kevin the Quilter ~

Very nice and I'm sure they will be appreciated.
    Sew Happy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast