Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: From Doin-isewman--Singer 1924-26 machine, I'm useing now

Blog Entries

From Doin-isewman--Singer 1924-26 machine, I'm useing now

I know I posted pictures of this machine, a while back.. Anyhow, I had a lady quilting friend's husband take this machine, and cleaned it, did some adjusting, and kept it for a day to sew on it, for me. Anyhow, I got it back yesterday, and last night, and this morning I've been sewing the storm out of it. I posted some quilts for my grdkids, I'm makeing for them. here is a block I made on this machine, and pictures of the sewing machine. This machine, is WONDERFUL-FANTASTIC. It sews like its brand new. The pattern of the block is called Ellens star--from --quilterscache.com. Everyone TAKE CARE and WELCOME to the new members Don-isewmanName:  001.JPG
Views: 1066
Size:  210.0 KBThis is the singer machine.--AA009802Name:  002.JPG
Views: 1067
Size:  179.8 KBThe rounded singer cover.. Name:  003.JPG
Views: 1061
Size:  160.5 KBThis is the block I made.."Ellens star from quilterscache.com. Don-isewman

Gorgeous! I have my Mom's old Singer that I would love to find someone I could trust to clean and beautify! Thanks for sharing Don!
    Dejahg
    Co Spgs, CO

I am looking at the seams and droll over the fat that they all meet up as they are supposed to. Mine never seem to be that exact.

Blog Entries
    Happy to hear about your machine. Your blocks are always so perfect!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Everything feels right when your machine is sewing so good! Love your blocks!
    Kelly

Beautiful blocks! Your machine looks exactly like mine (was DMILs) even with the key hanging off the handle with string! I love sewing with it when we are at our cabin in the summer time.

That is a beautiful block. I am going to have to give that one a try. Very nice vintage machine.

Blog Entries
    beautiful machine and beautiful block
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Nice job, as always, Don. Lucky grandchildren. Your sewing machine looks wonderful. And thanks for the pattern source reference too. Hope you'll post a photo of the finished product.

My mom has a machine like that only it is in a cabinet. She is 86 and has been using that machine for as long as I can remember. She has never had to have it serviced, took care of any minor problems herself. She still sews on it although she has been given other/newer machines. Hope some day she will let me "take care" of it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast