Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: doll quilt

hi, i cut my fabric squares first then i cut batting 1 inch smaller all the way around. i make a quilt sandwich, then i just sew across corner to corner both directions.this is all the quilting it gets. then after all the blocks are made and "quilted", i sew them together with 1 inch seam allowances. about every other block is a 4 patch, and every other one is a big block the size of the 4 patch. let me try to post a pic of a big rag quilt i made. hope it shows up.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

thanks i really like your quilt. very nice. jeanette

bj
    I've made a few. Made a couple of baby ones out of flannel and a couple of twins out of homespun. The ones I've been able to keep track of (my son's homespun and grandson's flannel) have both held up well through at least a couple of washings each. I love making rag quilts, except for the clipping :) Have arthritis in my fingers and the clipping nearly kills my hands. It takes nearly as long to clip the seams as to make the whole quilt! I saw a guy do one on Fons and Porter and he used a weed whacker to get the fraying done. Looked a lot faster and he swore it wouldn't harm the blocks.

Your quilts are all very pretty, I like the fabrics you chose. Thank you for the directions.

Those are very very pretty. Great Job!

oh my goodness, please tell me you are joking :shock: a weed wacker?? like you use in the yard? how did he use it?? would love to see this.
    can't you just see us girls out in the yard going at our quilts with a weed wacker? if i get any more arthritis in my hands i'll need to try it. thanks for sharing. wonder if fons and porter will repeat that one?

I love your quilt!!! My great niece has an 'American Girl' doll and has informed me that there is a website to get quilt patterns that fit the doll's time period. Yikes... I looked up the website and found her doll and the quilt- hmm... seems like a lot of work for a doll quilt. I like your idea much better and it makes more sense to me. Is it wrong to lie to a 7 year old about the style of quilt her doll should have? hahahhaa.

Blog Entries
    Like you little quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by Knot Sew
    I made a denim rag quilt it was so heavy, my wrists ached from holding it. I used walking foot for some seams and off set them so they would not be so many layers. have fun :roll: :D
    I like working with Denim. Love Rag quilts but they are heavy.

Pretty and comfy looking!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast