Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Fabric storage boards >
  • Fabric storage boards

• Fabric storage boards

Old 04-14-2010, 12:16 PM

What a great idea for keeping fabrics for a project together. Genius.
    Old 04-14-2010, 12:34 PM

I am in the process of redoing my fabric. This is so brilliant!!! And so neat and so easy to find the fabric you are looking for. Time consuming but so worth it in the long run!!!Every so often I just gotta take a break and quilt...LOL then I am back at the wrapping again. :thumbup:

I got the idea on this site!!! I guess it was your idea to use the plastic sign material. Brilliant! ;)
    Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM

Great idea for packing all the fabrics for a project together. Always a problem for me since some fabrics fit into something else and well, you know what happens!

Jois
    Old 04-14-2010, 04:35 PM
    Power Poster

What a great idea. I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.
    Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
    I am in the process of redoing my fabric. This is so brilliant!!! And so neat and so easy to find the fabric you are looking for. Time consuming but so worth it in the long run!!!Every so often I just gotta take a break and quilt...LOL then I am back at the wrapping again. :thumbup:

I got the idea on this site!!! I guess it was your idea to use the plastic sign material. Brilliant! ;)
    Actually, someone here was selling them and I asked her, so it's her idea.

Wesing, I love the idea of packing the fabrics together for a project on one board, brilliant !!!!!
    Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Great job of organizing your fabrics!! I guess I'll have to try this!!
    Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 PM

looks good
    Old 04-16-2010, 08:56 PM

I have now cut up 8 corroplastic sheets into 81/2 by 12 pieces, and I love them. The idea of smaller pieces on the one board is an excellent idea. I am going to do that with the less then a yard fabric, so I can put several on one board. I will store them on oe shelf, so I can go look at what I have. GREAT idea.
    Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 AM

I don't know about the rest of you but quilting is not my only craft. I had my material stored on wire racks but now I am re-arranging everything.

I have a bookshelf behind my sewing area that I kept my patterns and quilt books on and have now decided to put my material there. I don't have a very large stash, so it will work out perfectly.

I had originally cut the sheets to be 8" x 11 3/4", but now that I have actually measured the shelves, I can go with a larger size. I can actually fit a 14" tall sheet on 2 of the shelves.

Too bad I didn't find that out before I cut my sheet. Oh well, I'm going back for a couple more.

One question for those of you that are trying this, do you find that your material slides down the sheets, instead of staying sort of centered on them? Have any of you come up with any ideas to keep them from sliding?
    Old 04-17-2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lilaciris
    I don't know about the rest of you but quilting is not my only craft. I had my material stored on wire racks but now I am re-arranging everything.

I have a bookshelf behind my sewing area that I kept my patterns and quilt books on and have now decided to put my material there. I don't have a very large stash, so it will work out perfectly.

I had originally cut the sheets to be 8" x 11 3/4", but now that I have actually measured the shelves, I can go with a larger size. I can actually fit a 14" tall sheet on 2 of the shelves.

Too bad I didn't find that out before I cut my sheet. Oh well, I'm going back for a couple more.

One question for those of you that are trying this, do you find that your material slides down the sheets, instead of staying sort of centered on them? Have any of you come up with any ideas to keep them from sliding?
    Just put a couple of small piece of painters tape on the raw edge (dont' tape a folded edge) when you first start the wrap. If you just catch the edge in a couple places you shouldn't ruin any usable material.