Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathered Star... version 2

I just can't stand to make any more of the litte 6" stars! I didn't want to work on anything the last two days because of them. So, I cut it down from 28 to 12 stars.

I also made the second row of stars simpler. I am anxious to get this done because I have so many more planned out and have the material for and I've resolved to not have multiplying UFOs.

Is it becoming too plain? The next version might lose the log cabins around the edges! :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Far out.... you're amazing!

That looks stunning, I don't think there's any "too plain" in it at all!

I don't think if will look plain at all = gorgeous like all your others are! Great job!

Awesome Pam....plain I think not.....it will give you a chance to showcase some fantastic quilting......and I can relate to those stars......oh my....I do feel your pain....:-)......and for some reason certain colors are that way to me...just can't wait to finish and i resolve not to have to many UFO's....too.....Your half done....it will be finished before you know it and the log cabins will dress the quilt fantastic......You always do such great work.....I'll be waiting for this one to be done very soon!!......:-)......You go girl....:-)

Wow! I think that looks just awesome

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's too plain and agree with Cathie that the plain squares will give you a chance to show some of you great hand quilting! Maybe star motifs to keep the theme going?

As for the log cabins - i hope you use them because I really like them but have myself planned elaborate borders then ended up putting a plain one on because my mind and heart are already moving on to the next project! :D

Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful!

K x

I think it gives the eye a nice rest. You can do some really awesome quilting in those blank spaces to fill it in.

Very coooool!! Pun intended!LOL This will look totally awesome when done!!Even if you opt out of the log cabins like you are thinking. What is really great is sharing the thoughts in your changes. Good job all the way around and no...how could anything look plain w/a feathered star?not!LOL
    Skeat

Beautiful, certainly NOT plain!!!!

I liked it before and I like it now either way is perfect.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast