Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: First quilt I ever made,

Love your first quilt!! And this was in '09. I'd love to see what you've done since that time. What courage it took to attempt that quilt as a first!
    One step at a time, always forward.

Very nice first quilt,congrats !!!!
    lp

As an animal lover with lots of materal with dogs, horses and wild animals, much of each, now I have a good idea for my first quilt. Bet your husband loves it. Great job!

How big are the squares? They look like they could be 6.5", but looks can be deceiving. Just love it. With small space to work in I will be doing QAUG so always looking for ideas for my stash to make an animal quilt or 4-5. Carol

Right on!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns View Post
    Yes so here it is, someone asked what got me started quilting, what do you do for a dh that has everything? you make him a quilt, I was working for Wally World at the time, spent my fair share helping in the fabric dept though that wasn't where I was, I have some good friends there that still work there, and in came this pattern with most of the matching fabrics, so I bit the bullet, I had been eyeing quilting for a few years, wanted to but knew I had the obsesive take it way to far type of personality so kind of left it be, until then. I had used a rotary cutter before for other things, so I knew how to use it, I had been sewing for literally years and years. I watched a show on it once, I had it covered, you will have to tell me if I was right in thinking that.
    Right on!! Beautiful! Great taste in color combo. Any sportsman/woman would love this one. First timer, huh? I've been quilting many years, and I admire you for a job well done and the preservance it took to complete. Just think where you'll be heading next. Could be a part-time job, with some earnings for your effort. (Think about it.) Would love to stop and chat, but got my hands full with a quilting task that has to be finished by Dec 17th. Hope to see more of your work later. Numbers 6:24-26.

Fussy cut , wow. It is gorgeous. I love the half square triangles making the second pattern. Just beautiful
    DEB CAVAN

Great job. Now are you hooked? What's your next project?
    Deb
    (If you are going to be a bear, you may as well be a grizzly.)

Yeah, did you see your beautiful quilt is the quilt of the week. I was very pleased to see that.
    DEB CAVAN

Yaaaaay! It is awesome!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

awesome, this is your first quilt. i am sure your husband loned it.
    Hope you have time to make more quilts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast