Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flower stitch foot

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB1967
    This link has instructions for using it http://www.scribd.com/doc/27062700/F...t-Instructions

A couple of links to blogs that has use this foot. Might be something helpful on one of them
    http://tracyborders.blogspot.com/200...itch-foot.html
    http://whistlindixiefolkart.com/Bleue/?p=51
    Thank you for the links...I noticed that their flowers really do not look much different than mine...

I can see I have some more PLAYING around to do for sure! I will post more pix what I am doing soon!

Blog Entries
    I think it's actually a different attachment that makes the spirograph type flowers. It's been awhile, and can't remember the name. Will link it if I can find it.

Edit: Maybe not. I did find this Bernina circular attachment which can be used to make spirograph type designs.
    http://athreadfromtheedge.blogspot.c...ph-sewing.html

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    I think it's actually a different attachment that makes the spirograph type flowers. It's been awhile, and can't remember the name. Will link it if I can find it.
    on the paper that is in the flower stitch foot, it shows a loopy flower...I have yet to see anyone make that flower with this foot...but I am determined!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    on the paper that is in the flower stitch foot, it shows a loopy flower...I have yet to see anyone make that flower with this foot...but I am determined!
    You use a loopy straight stitch to get a loopy round. You know, like a scallop stitch.

I think I read a used fabric softener sheet can be used as stabilizer.

Blog Entries
    Sorry. I'm no help. I've never even seen one.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
    I think I read a used fabric softener sheet can be used as stabilizer.
    cool..will add that to the list of things to try...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Edit: Maybe not. I did find this Bernina circular attachment which can be used to make spirograph type designs.
    http://athreadfromtheedge.blogspot.c...ph-sewing.html
    this is the one someone talked about the other day..they showed how if you don't have a BErnina you can do the same thing with a piece of cardstock and thumb tack!...must try that as well...

Blog Entries
    ok, so I have a flower stitch foot and that thing came with NO directions...oh they are in the box but really....nothing I do is making flowers like what they show can be done...

If you have one of these and can make FLOWERS with it, please, please, please tell me what I am doing wrong!

In my pix are the samples I did the other night.
    The fabric is layered with batting..I did NOT like just a double layer of fabric..it preferred the batting sandwich! That pink thread is a vintage varigated DMC embroidery thread that is 50wt. As you can see on the Ultrasuede, the pink sunk in and sort got lost. I had to use a heavier weight thread on the ultrasuede, but it did fine with NO stabilizer...

JUST no flowers...cute circular designs, but I want the big spirograph flowers they say you can make with this thing!
    I think that maybe I have the same "flower" attachment. I can't make anything bigger than 1 3/4 " with it. It was a great disapointment! Also, the fabric has to twirl around & that won't work too well using it to quilt on a quilt............ a waste of $$ :thumbdown:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandee
    ok, so I have a flower stitch foot and that thing came with NO directions...oh they are in the box but really....nothing I do is making flowers like what they show can be done...

If you have one of these and can make FLOWERS with it, please, please, please tell me what I am doing wrong!

In my pix are the samples I did the other night.
    The fabric is layered with batting..I did NOT like just a double layer of fabric..it preferred the batting sandwich! That pink thread is a vintage varigated DMC embroidery thread that is 50wt. As you can see on the Ultrasuede, the pink sunk in and sort got lost. I had to use a heavier weight thread on the ultrasuede, but it did fine with NO stabilizer...

JUST no flowers...cute circular designs, but I want the big spirograph flowers they say you can make with this thing!
    I think that maybe I have the same "flower" attachment. I can't make anything bigger than 1 3/4 " with it. It was a great disapointment! Also, the fabric has to twirl around & that won't work too well using it to quilt on a quilt............ a waste of $$ :thumbdown:
    I don't think it is a waste of money, it just has limitations on its uses. You would definately have to use it in a block and NOT on quilting! I got mine to use for decorative stitches on pockets, etc for bags I make, or mug rugs..it will work fine for that...I don't think even the circular attachment would work on quilting...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast