Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flower stitch foot

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda
    Jacquie, Would it help to use a hoop as well as stablizer? The stitch is pretty though.
    it might,,but I was just testing on small pieces...I do have a series of hoops though..so might also try this!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeriann
    Try freezer paper if you have it because you can iron it to your fabric.
    oooohhh....good idea...I have some stabilizer but it not fusible...think I will try the freezer paper..I have that on hand too!

I can buy stabilizers wholesale, just have NO clue what I would need...way too many choices out there! ANd they are so costly...
    just use printer paper...I save the misprints and other pages I do not want for this. I works fine. I used it the other day to do decorative stitching around the neck and hems of teeshirts. I have used it for years and only go to the more expensive stuff when doing machine embroidery in a hoop.

Jacquie, Would it help to use a hoop as well as stablizer? The stitch is pretty though.
    it might,,but I was just testing on small pieces...I do have a series of hoops though..so might also try this!
    I did see that there were small pieces. I wonder, too, if spray glue might help such as 505 or Sullivan's.

Here is a link for more pictures. These are neat!
    http://www.google.com/search?q=flowe...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g5oMTpv2IuSfsQLkj7TxCQ&ved=0CFAQsAQ&biw=1243&bih=680

I will have to check into this foot. Thanks Jacquie for sharing this.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I did see that there were small pieces. I wonder, too, if spray glue might help such as 505 or Sullivan's.
    for MANY reasons I will not use spray glue...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here is a link for more pictures. These are neat!
    http://www.google.com/search?q=flowe...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g5oMTpv2IuSfsQLkj7TxCQ&ved=0CFAQsAQ&biw=1243&bih=680

I will have to check into this foot. Thanks Jacquie for sharing this.
    I never thought to google just the images...way cool!
    I can see that some go over the flower more than once...neat effect..there are tons of possiblities with this..just in changing your threads!

I must find time to sit back down and PLAY....it is time consuming..but it is for the GOOD of quilterkind every where!

this is My foot exactly!
    Name:  Attachment-218989.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  7.9 KB

This is more what I would like to make..the far right AND the one right under the foot!
    Name:  Attachment-218990.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  27.7 KB

flower stitch foot with direction sheet
    Name:  Attachment-218995.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  3.2 KB

Have you tried stretching the fabric in a small embroidery hoop, if the attachment will fit into it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie
    Have you tried stretching the fabric in a small embroidery hoop, if the attachment will fit into it.
    it would take a fairly large hoop...that foot is big!
    but hooping is on my list of things to try...

I had that problem when I emb. but if you use a lite wt. stabelizer and put the thread through the eye of the bobbin it should work fine. Have you tried that yeet?

I had that problem when I emb. but if you use a lite wt. stabelizer and put the thread through the eye of the bobbin it should work fine. Have you tried that yet?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brightstar_202
    I had that problem when I emb. but if you use a lite wt. stabelizer and put the thread through the eye of the bobbin it should work fine. Have you tried that yet?
    No, I have not, but I am gathering a list of things to try, and experiment with!

The best stabilizer I have found for this sort of thing is coffee filters, and they are not expensive

Dee
    Thank you a zillion times. I bought this 5 years and could never figure it out. Thanks for sharing all the sights. It came with no instructions at all. More I learned tonite on this wonderful board.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee
    Thank you a zillion times. I bought this 5 years and could never figure it out. Thanks for sharing all the sights. It came with no instructions at all. More I learned tonite on this wonderful board.
    great..another team player...could you share some of YOUR doodlings when you play with it???

I am going to try some things tomorrow..though DH will be home for a 4 day weekend..ugh....

Dee
    Will do. I thought I was dense when I couldn't get nothing to work with it. Good Luck to you.

Oh guys I have a new to quilting quilts question...Is this just for an embroidery machine or embroidery thread? Will it work on a reg machine with reg thread??? or is this a way off riciculous question? Thanks

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladys
    Oh guys I have a new to quilting quilts question...Is this just for an embroidery machine or embroidery thread? Will it work on a reg machine with reg thread??? or is this a way off riciculous question? Thanks
    NO..this is a regular foot for ANY machine...well Low shank anyway...it just screws on like a walking foot...

I am using different threads and have found that the fabric will tell you what thread IT wants...LIke the thicker thread on the ultrasuede...

This thing is a blast to play with....will show more pix later of what I have done today!

A tute on it here may help, hope so cos it looks so good: http://www.linda-matthews.com/fun-wi...r-stitch-foot/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2