Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flying Geese versions..

Great job. They are both great.

Blog Entries
    How do you determine what size to cut the squares part of it? Is it determined by rectangle size? Is there a chart?
    Sure am needy aren't I? LOL

I read in one of my quilting reference books, you decide what size you want your finished block to be. For the long stripe you add a half inch to length & width, so 2in x 4in finished, would be a 4.5 & 2.5 cut. The blocks would then be 2.5 squares. This would give you a 2in by 4in flying geese block. I think I wrote this right, lol, feel free to correct if not..
    I am still debating on that ruler, read some pros & cons about on one google link. If you have more good things to say about it, please do!

Blog Entries
    I'm slow too. It took me a minute then the light went on. The square is the size of the short side....squared???? Is this what you said?
    Quote Originally Posted by happymrs
    I read in one of my quilting reference books, you decide what size you want your finished block to be. For the long stripe you add a half inch to length & width, so 2in x 4in finished, would be a 4.5 & 2.5 cut. The blocks would then be 2.5 squares. This would give you a 2in by 4in flying geese block. I think I wrote this right, lol, feel free to correct if not..
    I am still debating on that ruler, read some pros & cons about on one google link. If you have more good things to say about it, please do!

Power Poster
    VERY NICE

Good job

I use Eleanor Burn's method/ruler which is very accurate. I'm going to look into this other method, too.

Quote Originally Posted by noahscats7
    I'm slow too. It took me a minute then the light went on. The square is the size of the short side....squared???? Is this what you said?
    Quote Originally Posted by happymrs
    Yes, your long piece is 4.5 by 2.5, so, for this size your squares would be 2.5. Make sense, hope so, if not, ask till you do understand, okay! Only way to learn. Another thing you can do is a google search, & type in, how to make a flying geese block. You might find more info, & pics there, okay! Hope this helps. I know it can get confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by jlong
    I use Eleanor Burn's method/ruler which is very accurate. I'm going to look into this other method, too.
    This method is good for stacking them all together, if that's what your pattern calls for....

Your squares need to be half the size of whatever size rectangle you use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast