Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fur Coat Fabric >

Fur Coat Fabric

Fur Coat Fabric

Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 PM

The main fabric is 'seal colored, about 1/2 inch pile. The lining is a digital looking leopard print, and the accent faux fur, is 1/2 inch pile, ocelot print. I can't just make a plain old solid color fur coat now, can I? The cuff stuff, for the trim, is the same brown as the seal fur. I am still looking for a pattern, size 26, to make it. I want to find a basic 'stadium Jacket' pattern to alter to fit me. I want just a slight 'A' line to allow me to move around in it. Thanks for your interest.

The dark brown in all fabrics is the same color brown, and as any one who quilts knows, brown is a hard color to match. (Almost as hard as matching black.)

This is the digital print loepard lining fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112850[/ATTACH]

This is the faux seal.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112877[/ATTACH]

This is the ocelot accent faux fur.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112879[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112845.jpe   attachment-112872.jpe   attachment-112874.jpe  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:33 PM

It sounds like you will have a beautiful coat. Please show pictures when you are finished.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Kas

Swanky! You are going to look fabulous, dahling.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 PM

It will look great, as long as my cat doesn't try to kill it! I guess I better not be careless with it.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 PM

I can't wait to see pictures, as you start making your lovely fur coat!! Please keep us posted!! :D We just love to see pictures!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

It will be a great jacket! Please show pics when it is finished!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 AM

I don't remember which one, either Clotilde, Connecting threads, or Keepsake Quilting have several jacket patterns.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
The main fabric is 'seal colored, about 1/2 inch pile. The lining is a digital looking leopard print, and the accent faux fur, is 1/2 inch pile, ocelot print. I can't just make a plain old solid color fur coat now, can I? The cuff stuff, for the trim, is the same brown as the seal fur. I am still looking for a pattern, size 26, to make it. I want to find a basic 'stadium Jacket' pattern to alter to fit me. I want just a slight 'A' line to allow me to move around in it. Thanks for your interest.

The dark brown in all fabrics is the same color brown, and as any one who quilts knows, brown is a hard color to match. (Almost as hard as matching black.)
Bless you. I have some beautiful faux mink fur from the old stretch and sew days. Do any of you remember? I also have a lovely piece of leopard print from 19...... in a short sheared fabric. Never dreamed of combining them but then, why not?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by mar32428
Originally Posted by madamekelly

Do I hear a jungle challenge? What ever you make with it, post so we can oooh! and Ahhhh!
Bless you. I have some beautiful faux mink fur from the old stretch and sew days. Do any of you remember? I also have a lovely piece of leopard print from 19...... in a short sheared fabric. Never dreamed of combining them but then, why not?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:23 PM

Good luck in finding a size 26 pattern. I finally found a size 24 pattern for a jacket and whwn i got it made it was not anywhere near a 24. I am not good at altering patterns. I could usually wear a 22-24jacket. The measurements on pattern indicated it was the right size. I have learned when I was in the plus sizess I had problems with patterns.