Finished setting up the new Grace New Gen frame today. There were a few parts missing, like the levelers for the center legs (thus the board). Cindy's 9 inch Viking Megaquilter is loaded on it and it's running well.
I've had a few 'doh' moments, like when I spent a half hour with my bad eyes trying to re-thread the needle on the machine, then after I finally got it, read in the manual about the built-in threading aid. DOH! :)
I threw on a piece of old batting I found in the closet, and a few yards of old fabric cut in half to make a "top" and "backing" and now I'm looping and doodling away, trying to get the hang of it. I know the batting is way oversized, and it looks like a mess, but it's been all crunched up in a bag for a few years and I was too much in a hurry to cut it down to size.
Oh well, at least it's a start!