Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Great Yard Sale Find

  1. #1
    Senior Member sandybeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Posts
    798
    Blog Entries
    1
    Found this machine at a yard sale on Friday for $25.00. It is definitely not a featherweight (more like a "tonweight"). I am sending pictures to Billy hoping he can identify it. It has Bell Electric, Los Angeles, CA on one of the tags, then Made in Japan on another. It has a power cord held together with tape so I won't plug it in until it is repaired. Luckily we have a man in town that repairs machines this old. Now if I can talk my sister out of one of her cabinets . . . !

    Anyway, enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

  2. #2
    Super Member LindaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,807
    Blog Entries
    1
    can't figure out the white cord coming from the light??? good thing your having the electrical looked at. enjoy

  3. #3
    Senior Member mosquitosewgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    can't figure out the white cord coming from the light??? good thing your having the electrical looked at. enjoy
    My grandma's had an "aftermarket" light attached like that.

  4. #4
    Super Member Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,561
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ooohh! Pretty!!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member sandybeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Posts
    798
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    can't figure out the white cord coming from the light??? good thing your having the electrical looked at. enjoy
    My grandma's had an "aftermarket" light attached like that.
    In picture three you will see the power cord and it has two places for plugs, one for "machine" and one for "light". Wierd huh.

  6. #6
    Super Member sewmuchmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Congratulations she a beauty :!: :mrgreen:

  7. #7
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,478
    Ohhhh that one is different!!!!!!!! Thanks to this board I've become addicted to old machines GeEEZZZZZZZZZ :D
    Congratulations on your awesome find!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Baysidegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    978
    Pretty Lady!!! I just her!

  9. #9
    Super Member grann of 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glenmoore, PA
    Posts
    7,331
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandybeach
    Found this machine at a yard sale on Friday for $25.00. It is definitely not a featherweight (more like a "tonweight"). I am sending pictures to Billy hoping he can identify it. It has Bell Electric, Los Angeles, CA on one of the tags, then Made in Japan on another. It has a power cord held together with tape so I won't plug it in until it is repaired. Luckily we have a man in town that repairs machines this old. Now if I can talk my sister out of one of her cabinets . . . !

    Anyway, enjoy.
    Bell is the manufacturer of the motor, if that is where that tag is.

  10. #10
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Washington
    Posts
    20,153
    Wow! Great find! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.