Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th wall hanging

I was in the mood to do something festive and quick today, so I made the Happy 4th wall hanging that was in the F&P QUILTING Celebrations magazine.

It came together really easy and the applique was not difficult. It is 13" x 30" and I thought I would just meander all over and not stitch around the applique.

Well, my Pfaff started acting up right off the bat. It did not want to do the FMQ with the metallic gold thread, so I changed to a different gold thread. Still breaking and shredding, so changed the needle (3 times), cleaned the machine with the vacuum (even removed the feed dog plate and found a wad of junk under there!)...still breaking thread! So changed to a regular cotton thread, fused with the tension, and the foot pressure. But to no avail!

So I just re-threaded every 40-60 stitches and got it done! Not happy with the FMQ, but it is on my door and I will tear out the quilting and do it over another season. Oh -- and I did use my Pfaff to piece later in the day without a problem!!!

Hope your 4th of July is great and safe. Thanks for looking!

My front door this Holiday
    Name:  Attachment-220568.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  28.6 KB

Closeup of Happy 4th!
    Name:  Attachment-220569.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  84.8 KB

Blog Entries
    I love it!

Very Nice, Happy 4 th

I like that!

Blog Entries
    Very nice!

It looks great on your front door!!!

Kat

Blog Entries
    That is nice,makes your front door look really good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    I was in the mood to do something festive and quick today, so I made the Happy 4th wall hanging that was in the F&P QUILTING Celebrations magazine.

It came together really easy and the applique was not difficult. It is 13" x 30" and I thought I would just meander all over and not stitch around the applique.

Well, my Pfaff started acting up right off the bat. It did not want to do the FMQ with the metallic gold thread, so I changed to a different gold thread. Still breaking and shredding, so changed the needle (3 times), cleaned the machine with the vacuum (even removed the feed dog plate and found a wad of junk under there!)...still breaking thread! So changed to a regular cotton thread, fused with the tension, and the foot pressure. But to no avail!

So I just re-threaded every 40-60 stitches and got it done! Not happy with the FMQ, but it is on my door and I will tear out the quilting and do it over another season. Oh -- and I did use my Pfaff to piece later in the day without a problem!!!

Hope your 4th of July is great and safe. Thanks for looking!
    Awesome!!

Looks great on your door, very festive. I bought the same magazine, it had several quick and easy looking patterns but i have yet to do any of the them.

Absolutely love it, very festive!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast