Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP What did I do? And Can It be fixed?

Blog Entries
    I started my very first D9P and don't u know I messed it up already!!! I have attached some pics. My centers are different sizes and now will not match up Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr any help is appreciated!

different size centers????
    Name:  Attachment-237285.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  52.2 KB

closer up
    Name:  Attachment-237286.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  63.3 KB

Check cutting and seam size. It looks like either one seam is wider or the piece was cut wider than the first.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I agree with ontheriver. If those are the only blocks you've completed it shouldn't be hard to fix.
    Take a deep, cleansing breath!! :)

Looks like that is the problem. Could you start over with a totally new 9 patch... Check to make sure your seams are exactly 1/4".

Fiskars makes a great rotating mat that would help you simplify the process. You can take a ruler and measure the middle, divide in half. If you are using 4" blocks, you should have a 2" measurement on each side.

If there's no going back and the big blocks are the same size, just go with it! There's a lot of wonky stuff out there and you can just tell everyone it's wonky on purpose!

Blog Entries
    well doggie! you evidently cut differently. if you have already done all of them, i'd just sew them together anyway and say you planned it that way. it will look cute

Blog Entries
    You could also cut down the blocks. Cut the ones with the blue corners on the pieced strip sides and cut the other 2 down on the sides with the big square.

Hopefully these are your only blocks that are done. If so you can take them apart and re-measure. I had to do that with the first blocks I started. It was my introduction to "frogging"..you know, rip it, rip it, rip it....the stitches not the fabric.

Are you bigger squares the same size? They look to be, from the pictures. If so, try a different layout. The layout I used for a D9P did not require any seam matching to resew the blocks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast