Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How Would You Secure The Center Of This Quilt?

How Would You Secure The Center Of This Quilt?

I made up this quick quilt for my niece's 1st birthday, but now I'm stumped. I did SID around all of the light purple pinwheels, but I'm not sure how to secure the inside of the dark purple blocks, or the center of the pinwheels. I don't want to do too much quilting in those areas, so I was thinking of either hand sewing a yo-yo in the center of each of those areas (light purple yo-yo's in the dark purple area and vica versa) or I was thinking of perhaps putting a small tie in that area. What do you think would be appropriate/durable for a 1 year old?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Love the purples! How about simple cross-hatch, from point to point
    Loretta Sewhappytoquilt

Very pretty! Anything that can't be pulled off of a quilt would be good for a 1 yr. old like fused applique and reinforced w/stitching or yo-yo's in assorted colors would bring your quilt to life and make it pop but I would do them in the 2 outer blocks and skip the center one. There will be lots of suggestions and I know it will look great whatever you decide!

I agree with Loretta. Cross hatch through the dark purple would be good and help to anchor everything together.
    Friendship is a knot
    tied by Angels hands.

Linda

Blog Entries
    or feather with some nice curves

I like the suggestions! I was thinking of perhaps adding a few turquoise yo-yo's as well, if I went that way. If I did the cross hatch in the dark purple, what do you think I should do to tie down the center of the light purple pinwheels?
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Power Poster
    Love the purples!
    I would do cross-hatching!