Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hunter's Foliage

A Hunter's Foliage

This quilt was quited by Cole, Charisma's son. She posted pictures of it, but her lighting did not bring out the true colors or the pictorial aspect of the fabric. I mailed it out a few days ago after finishing the binding and label. A young friend of mine was recently sent to Afghanistan. He loves to deer hunt, which has just started here in WV. I had wanted to make him a quilt ever since I heard he was being deployed, and was going for RWB, but I realized when looking through my fabric, that this would be perfect for him. I hope it serves as a gentle reminder that he is loved and missed, that even though he missed this hunting season, there will be one next year. I do hope it comforts him. He is only 20, a very good young man, but did not have the best of teenage years with a stepfather. Cole did a good job on the quilting, although in retrospect, perhaps I shouldn't have sent him a pieced back. He will make a great quilter like his mom. He had a very fast turn-around. Thanks, Cole!

Joyce--Hope the pictures attach. This is my first time!

PS The pattern is called "Call of the Wild" from the book Easy Nine-Patch Quilting by House of White Burches. Very simple, but if you have the book, be aware that there is a cutting error written in this pattern. Thank goodnes I didn't get very far cutting before I discovered it.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Very nice quilt!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

I love the second photo. It fits in beautifully with nature. What a wonderful gift for the young man and how much pleasure making it must have given you.

Wonderful quilt. Great Job both of you. How very nice of you to think of him so highly. I'm sure he will treasure it.
    Cindy

Beautiful quilt. He did a great job.

The men in my family would love this quilt. Very nice job.

Power Poster
    Great job everyone! I love the fabric and the pattern. I'm sure it will be well loved and a welcome reminder that you were thinking of him.

Well done!!

Jim
    great job both on the quilt and quilting...I have the same fabric I just finished making a quilt using 10 minute blocks....gonna be a gift to my neighbor as soon as its quilted
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

I'm sure he will love it very much - very nice quilt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast