Thanks to Kate Henry's post earlier this week, my DH and I decided to try this idea. We put up the structure this morning and just have a few adjustments to make before finalizing it. I used it (as is) FMQing my GGS quilt and I think that it is going to revolutionize my FMQing. No more "fighting" the quilt. My block lays flat with no tugging and it moves as needed without restraint. Now, I must admit that this is a quilt the size of a large throw. By no means is it a Queen. So have to take that into consideration but for now, it is a "WOW". It leaves brain cells open to focus on other parts of the technique. Here are my photos and thank you, Kate, for your great idea and, yes, it didn't cost more that $40.00. Love it!
FYI. Our structure is a "U" shape. We could not find the same corners as Kate but we worked it out another way. I used both elastic and woven strips to hold the quilt and I believe that I like the idea of elastic. The shower rings work beautifully and the clamps are fine too. I am short, 5'1" and I am able to reach everything just fine even without being able to walk around the back of the structure.