Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Layout HELP!

6x10

Here is it as a 6x10 (vs the 7x10) but it ended up being too repetitive in color. Idk.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Is it possible to concentrate all the darker blocks in the middle? Then let each color fade to the next.

I'm in the same place as you. I've been letting a bunch of blocks "rest" on the design board. So far, nothing looks right to me.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Blog Entries
    I like your first one better, and I like your boarder fabric but it lacks the POP. Do you have a dard red that you could frame with a narrow boarder BEFORE the light boarder?
    fatquarters

Blog Entries
    By the way I have one on my board today too. Took pics aso I could compare, and I think I am going back to the first one LOL
    fatquarters

Blog Entries
    I like the 1st one you did
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Blog Entries
    THE FIRST ONE I LOVE. It just needs a dark on the border to repeat the darks in the quilt. It will look really good.

I like the first one, too. The popping red is what gives it life! And I also like the red blocks laying in the same direction. I get confused looking at the photos where they are laying in both directions.

I also agree with getting some of the dark red in the border. And some white. That will make the whole thing come together. It's a lovely quilt!

Do you have enough of the darks to make an on-point square in the middle? If not, I like the first one best and think a dark inner border might work. Please show us when you decide!

WOW, this is FUN! Love all the ideas. I prefer the way you scattered the reds in what you said was your first layout and tend to agree with someone who suggested a dark border; if you want to use the light flowery one, I'd put it outside a darker inner (and more narrow) border. Been through this process so many times myself!

Did you see that the lower right block in the first photo is turned the wrong way?
    My eye "sees" 15 darker blocks, do you have enough fabric to make 3 more? Then all the darks could be in the diagonals you have going in that first photo layout.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast