Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A little teaser for Loving Izabella, what is on my rack right now

A little teaser for Loving Izabella, what is on my rack right now

Loving Izabella (April) asked me to quilt her Row Robin quilt for her daughter Izabella. April and I had a lot of collaboration on this. I love it when the owner of the top has a lot of input in the quilting design, then I am not second guessing , "will they like it?" Well, to be perfectly honest, that little nagging question is always there, even with as much discussion as April and I had on this.
    Anyway... this is the CUTEST quilt for a little girl. It is so much fun seeing the work and talents of so many different quilters come together and create such a fun, whimsical quilt for Izabella. This quilt has everything, piecing, needle turn applique, fusible applique (with some AMAZING hand done blanket stitching in some blocks) hand AND machine embroidery.
    I asked April if she wanted a little sneak peek and she said yes. So this is the middle row of blocks, which happened to be some of my favorites in the quilt. April peiced Izabella's name and asked for pebbling to make the letters pop. We also did a double batting, cotton on bottom and Hobbs Polydown on top. I am getting awesome "poof" factor with this combination. I simply could not resist doing what I did on the Australia block. Can you see them and tell what they are??

Name:  DSC03483.JPG
Views: 3667
Size:  576.3 KB
    Here is a close up

Name:  DSC03486.JPG
Views: 3639
Size:  515.1 KB
    This picture came in out of focus but I wanted to share anyway. I love how this block turned out.
    Name:  DSC03488.JPG
Views: 3628
Size:  593.7 KB
    Name:  DSC03491.JPG
Views: 3636
Size:  527.3 KB
    Name:  DSC03492.JPG
Views: 3601
Size:  573.7 KB
    Name:  DSC03493.JPG
Views: 3625
Size:  565.6 KB

Name:  DSC03496.JPG
Views: 3548
Size:  552.7 KB

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Oh my I am speechless.....what an incredibly beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see all of it. You will post it all at some point right? Your quilting of this is just beyond words beautiful......
    Last edited by CajunQuilter2; 07-29-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

i am speachless. that is the most amazing quilt. did i say WOW! I KEEP GOING BACK AND LOOKING AT IT. that is fabulous..

Just awesome, your work is amazing. I'm her Grammie and this is gonna blow her away.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Oh my goodness!! There are not enough words to express my gratitude for your absolutely beautiful absolutely amazing quilting of this very special quilt. You have absolutely done this quilt justice and i love the kangaroos! I cannot wait to see it completed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know she is going to love this.
    Hugs
    April

Power Poster
    Gorgeous! That is going to be a show stopper! I see Kangaroos in the tree block. I love the mix of techniques in the top too and sew well done!

What beautiful quilting and the kangaroos are just over the top! Can't wait to see it all.

It is as cute as Izabella! Both are beautiful!

Your quilting is wonderful! I love those little kangaroos.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

This quilt is outstanding. I love the Roos hopping around. Izabella will love it!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast