Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A little trouble with my first pieced WIP

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    It's hard to tell from the lighting, but this is red, white and blue. Really it is. I've only made a couple of rag quilts, so this is my first attempt at piecing. The pinwheels were fun, and I am pretty pleased with how they turned out. But I'm having a little trouble with the extended "arms".

I made the pinwheels blocks, then stitched rows of squares together, and attached them to the pinwheel blocks. Was there a better way to do it to ensure my lines matched?

Should I pull out that block and try again, or will I end up having to undo so much it isn't worth it?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

go easy on yourself girly! i can barely see it and i'll almost bet when it's quilted and washed you won't be able to see it
    if i were grading it i'd give you a 99, and to me that's pretty darn good :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Looks awesome to me, can't believe you haven't been piecing for a long time! Relax and enjoy.

It looks great! I didn't even see it in the top picture at all. Like kathy said, when it's quilted and washed you won't be able to see it. you did a great job!

I can't see where the problem is, honest and your points are perfect, better than my was for the first couple of quilts. :thumbup:

I have to agree with the posts above. The points are really good. I do see a little mismatch that you see, and if it REALLY bugs you pull them out. Make sure your seams are ironed in opposite directions, and when you put the two pieces together, 'nestle' the seams together real well, and pin. I don't know any other way to describe but 'nestle'. Someone else care to describe what I am talking about?

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraJJ
    I have to agree with the posts above. The points are really good. I do see a little mismatch that you see, and if it REALLY bugs you pull them out. Make sure your seams are ironed in opposite directions, and when you put the two pieces together, 'nestle' the seams together real well, and pin. I don't know any other way to describe but 'nestle'. Someone else care to describe what I am talking about?
    I ironed all my seams open. I had no trouble matching points on the pinwheels, but I found that when attaching the strip of sewn squares to the next row, I had trouble lining everything up. I thought I had done a good job with my 1/4 inch, but practice makes perfect, right?

Looks pretty darn good to me. I have not attempted this type of block yet, so I can't really judge. Very nice looking. Want to see the finished quilt.

Wow ~ it is great. I wouldn't take it out. Good job.

Well it looks wonderful to me, many of us who have been quilting for years, can't get our rows to line up as well as yours.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast