Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Look at the great gift that I brought back from Cuba!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    This post has been read 4,017 times. Have you noticed that? It so much a human interest story for me, I keep coming back to it to see what decision you have made on repairing it or not. I support either decision you make.

Beverly,
    The strips are multicolored stripes that are cut from assorted fabrics...various types....blends......
    They are sewn to a sugar sack backing - the blocks are then sewn together....the strips are not hemmed....they seem to have been gathered as they were sewn......

Dsb38327 - WOW...I didn't even look at that - WOW!!! I am so glad that so many people are so interested in this...
    It is a wonderful story...for me it is so special - and coming from a friend - having a bit of history behind the quilt.......I am so glad that so many people have enjoyed the pictures and the story - I will be sure to let Romaila know all about this..she will be tickled pink!!!! I developed the photos of us with the quilt so that I can mail them out to her this week...

Blog Entries
    Bill, Your quilt is gorgeous. Since your friend expects you to do the repairs, I would make them. But I wouldn't wash it in a machine. I would wash it as she would, even if you have to use your bath tub to do it. That would be authentic. And then roll in towels (oh my gosh - how many) and then line dry. JMHO

Glad you had such a wonderful time. Hugs, Kathy

Hi Kathy,
    It is great to hear from you.......
    Thanks for your thoughts..I think that perhaps I should stay away from the machine as well :-)
    Good Ideal!!!
    And yes, had a fantastic time...... I have so many more pictures to list on Facebook - but I think I should pehaps add some here....

Blog Entries
    I know your friends here would love to see more pics.

Blog Entries
    I would repair it. It is an amazing quilt. Why not show it at its very best.................... : )

Fantastic quilt, a cherished friend and gift to be sure.

Below is a great idea, what a beautiful quilt, so full of memories for her. I'm jealous that you get to go to Cuba, always wanted to go myself.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8