Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Messed up but not going to change it

Messed up but not going to change it

It's a design decision. :P

I somehow put two of the orange ones near each other. In the grand scheme of the whole quilt, it's not worth my time to re-do it. I'm at home today with bad stomach cramps off and on. Will be fine for awhile and then a wave of pain (and other things). There are many things I need to do but I'm just taking it easy.

My son is getting married next Saturday and I got my dress this week. It's a bit too long so I need to hem it about 3". I got a small balero type jacket but it wasn't what I really wanted. I want a black lace one so I need to go shopping again. I meant to get a hair clip of some type that will go with the royal blue dress and I totally forgot when I got the dress. Not sure what my hair style will be. They have a guy who has done hair and makeup for Fashion Week in NY doing our hair on Saturday. I think I just want it straightened (normally a little wavy) and the front pulled back. It's long enough that I keep sitting on it while sewing this morning, I usually wear it up.

Anyway... on to the next section!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image   

That block of the quilt is such a tease---- it's got to be a stunning quilt. The dress is gorgeous too!
    Jean

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't worry about the two oranges close together. Going to be beautiful. Hope tummy settles soon ... nerves?

Blog Entries
    wear taller heels!!! lovely block so far, keep going. and "we" never make mistakes. Enjoy the wedding day!

LOVE that block - what's the pattern please? Can't wait to see more of the design!
    Love your dress too! and congrats on the new DIL.

I can't wear 3" heels! maybe just hem it 2".

The pattern is the Judy Niemeyer Prairie Star. That's one of the 16 sections that go around the outside edge.

Blog Entries
    Golly, if you look this good and are this pretty, I wouldn't stand too close to the new bride.[she may be a bit jealous]. I like the length of the dress with heels.

Power Poster
    Hope you are feeling better soon! I would remove it if it was right next to each other but there is colour in between so it is fine. Pretty dress and blue is a really "in" colour.

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    Golly, if you look this good and are this pretty, I wouldn't stand too close to the new bride.[she may be a bit jealous]. I like the length of the dress with heels.
    Don't I wish! That's not me, that's just the picture of the dress. That blue is definitely "in". There were lots of blue dresses, more than anything else besides black. The wedding colors are black, white, and red. As the mother-of-the-bride said, "I am not wearing black to my daughter's wedding!" She is wearing purple and I'll wear the blue.

The block is beautiful and I would leave the orange. Your dress is gorgeous!
    Kelly

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast