Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MiawMC's first Quilt

I did this quilt over the long Christmas weekend this past December. It was for my co-worker's little boy and just for fun for me to learn. He carries it everywhere with him and has a special hanger in his room for it so he can watch it while he plays.

The ties are done with yarn and I used a high loft batting. Obviously, I'm a beginner and you old timers are probably laughing your heads off. I learned though :D I won't try that again. It took my fingers a week to feel normal again! Yarn again, maybe, but never with high loft batting and tight cotton fabric.

I also learned how laying it out first might have made it look a little less color heavy in spots.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Wow colorful!!!!! You did good!!! Cute story about the little boy.. Every quilt, now matter how long you have been quilting. is a learning process. Keep up the good work!

Really cute quilt. I like the random pattern that you got from not laying the fabric out first. I think the story about your coworker's son was really cute. He obviously loves the quilt you made for him.

When I tie a quilt I use DMC floss (all 6 strands) instead of yarn. You can use a smaller needle and it does not hurt your fingers as much. I learn something with every single quilt I make and I make AT LEAST one mistake on every quilt too-I have just learned to bite my tongue and not point the errors out to everyone (which I really want to do because to me they are so obvious and I guess I want people to know I am aware of my goof!! :lol: )

Keep up the good work and enjoy the process as well as the your finished product!!

PS-no one is laughing their heads off

Blog Entries
    No, not laughing heads off - chuckling with fond memories. Of course, I have tons more mistakes to look forward too. . .

Cute quilt. That was sweet of you to make it for him!

So bright and colorful for the little boy. No wonder he loves it.

I love it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: It looks so soft & cuddly

Banned
    I like it. I think you did a good job. I never tried yarn to tie. I use Embroidery floss. I sure like all the colors.....YOU DID GOOD

Blog Entries
    The puffier the more cuddly I say! The brighter it is--the less likely he is to lose it.

It's perfect. :D

very nice, you did a great job :D :D

I could never get my puffy quilts puffy, I love yours, and yess you will learn something new every quilt you make. Just file everything and try something new. I love clumped colors, I think it adds interest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast