Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A mini hint when we do Rhonda's bookmark's

Blog Entries
    I do lots of mini's and those little pieces can easily get lost :roll: So if you have an old flannel backed vinyl tablecloth, cut it up into large squares. 14 1/2" ones hold a 12 inch block pieces. These squares are about 8"--perfect for the mini's. The small pieces stick to the flannel, you can stack multiple squares as the vinyl side of the top square doesn't stick to the flannel side of the bottom.

These are 1" HST sewn into Broken Dishes block
    Name:  Attachment-21154.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  45.3 KB

Great tip. I've used whole table cloths on retreats never thought to cut it up for minis.

Blog Entries
    Awesome tip, thanks for sharing!

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the tip. What a great idea. I have used a flannel backed tablecloth as a design board but never thought of cutting it up into smaller squares and using them for setting out blocks. Super great idea.

That's a great tip, G! I'm like everyone else here -- never thought of cutting it into usable sizes. I covered pizza boxes with flannel and use them as a portable easel as a mini design board that I put a pillow behind to prop up, use pizza boxes (with no flannel) to transport cut pieces to the machine. One box stays loaded with stashes of fabrics I've pulled for a project and I carry that back and forth. Pizza boxes are great for the sewing room! :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    That's a great tip, G! I'm like everyone else here -- never thought of cutting it into usable sizes. I covered pizza boxes with flannel and use them as a portable easel as a mini design board that I put a pillow behind to prop up, use pizza boxes (with no flannel) to transport cut pieces to the machine. One box stays loaded with stashes of fabrics I've pulled for a project and I carry that back and forth. Pizza boxes are great for the sewing room! :-D :-D
    For scrap 9 patches or double 4's I have placed the squares on the vinyl flannel squares and then stacked a whole quilt of blocks one atop the other. Putting them in the pizza box would be a great addition to that.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    For scrap 9 patches or double 4's I have placed the squares on the vinyl flannel squares and then stacked a whole quilt of blocks one atop the other. Putting them in the pizza box would be a great addition to that.
    It sure would! I know some who even do that with their projects. One girl went to a pizza shop and asked for a pizza box and they gave her one! We order alot through carry-out so I saved all sizes of pizza boxes and they're just deep enough to stack all your projects in them one-on-top-of-another!

:-D :-D

Neat ideas !!!!

thanks for the idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast