Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    that hour was worth it, Wow, what talent, i just love them. not only are the details interesting but they are just darling!!! Really like the star centered one w/ R,W,& blue & the large town quilt.

Those were fun! Love 'em all. But I am not fond of making them. We did them one time for an exchange I was in. So much work went into them. But I put mine together using the BQ pattern and it looked like streets between the houses. One of my grandson's has the quilt now. Thank you for posting all those pics!

Quote Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
    that hour was worth it, Wow, what talent, i just love them. not only are the details interesting but they are just darling!!! Really like the star centered one w/ R,W,& blue & the large town quilt.
    The RWB star-centered one is a great one! Gives me lots of ideas! They have their charm viewing ea separately! Glad you enjoyed it and can be revisited anytime you go to do a house design!

:D :D :D

Oh, I just looked through all of them again. I have to try to make some more. Here's what I did so far..it's a Miss rosie pattern http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-33584-1.htm
    I have got to try the beach huts some time soon...

Quote Originally Posted by franie
    Those were fun! Love 'em all. But I am not fond of making them. We did them one time for an exchange I was in. So much work went into them. But I put mine together using the BQ pattern and it looked like streets between the houses. One of my grandson's has the quilt now. Thank you for posting all those pics!
    You are so right -- house construction of the blocks can be so laborious but with the right pattern it can be a cinch! Quiltville site is a good one! I like the simplest construction on the houses and they are just as charming as those really labored over. Not posted here today were wonky houses. We'll have to do another thread on just the wonky ones with nothing to line up or match. Your welcome; I loved downloading it all and welcome to the QB from VA! You will totally love this site of all that you see and learn!!

:D :D

Lovely, scraplvr. Can't wait to see Charleston.

Quote Originally Posted by pookie ookie
    Lovely, scraplvr. Can't wait to see Charleston.
    It'll be fun to do! I'll send you a PM when I post.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I'll put some glitterglue for fabrics on my lighthouse, than let it dry and ironning and finished.

Tanks for starting this thread, I love all these houses! maybe we can start a houseswap or something like that. :)

Wow, you are one talented lady! I love the SC houses anyhow -- can't wait to see your interpretation of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Maksi
    I'll put some glitterglue for fabrics on my lighthouse, than let it dry and ironning and finished.

Tanks for starting this thread, I love all these houses! maybe we can start a houseswap or something like that. :)
    Thank you, Maksi, for telling us how you did that great glitter job on the fabrics!! Aren't these houses great? Yes, I think about all the neat shacks in the world I've seen pics of and would like to do a rendition of them some time. A houseswap sounds great! Anything to do with houses sounds good!! And your quite welcome!

:D :D

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast