Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My first attempt at "fun" quilting

So I've quilted before but never been brave enough to try anything but straight lines. Well I did this doll blanket for my upcoming craft fair (24''square) and thought the pattern might be fun. So I tried it.

What do you think?

The whole quilt top. Can you see the quilting?
    Name:  Attachment-77615.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  92.9 KB

A closeup of the shamrocks
    Name:  Attachment-77616.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  55.0 KB

The back of the quilt. It;s my first attempt so it's not perfect, but I think it turned out kind of cute!
    Name:  Attachment-77617.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  43.6 KB

Very cute.

You did a great job.

Great job! Especially for the first time doing FMQ. One observation.... wish you'd used green thread for the top-side, to better see the shamrocks. They look so nice on the backside. But, if you're like me, you probably didn't want any mistakes to show on the top so you went with a matching thread or, if it is green thread??? Not that you asked. I just think you did a super job and should show it off!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by QBeth
    Great job! Especially for the first time doing FMQ. One observation.... wish you'd used green thread for the top-side, to better see the shamrocks. They look so nice on the backside. But, if you're like me, you probably didn't want any mistakes to show on the top so you went with a matching thread or, if it is green thread??? Not that you asked. I just think you did a super job and should show it off!!! :-)
    I actually didn't want it to show on the front because it was my first time! And if there were mistakes, I wanted it to not be as noticeable. But now that I've done it, and I think it looks pretty good, next time for sure will be using something that shows up!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsj82
    I actually didn't want it to show on the front because it was my first time! And if there were mistakes, I wanted it to not be as noticeable. But now that I've done it, and I think it looks pretty good, next time for sure will be using something that shows up!
    Whew! I was afraid you might be offended but I was right on target when it came to playing it safe with possible mistakes! Been there, done that, all toooooo often.

haha, not offended at all! I was just really scared that I was going to botch it, and have it scream MISTAKE! So I played it safe. Although I also didn't have any green thread so that kind of played into my decision...lol

I think you did a great job. Very cute.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I love it!! Good job!! Now go make some more fun quilts :D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast