Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: my old sewing room

This was my sewing room before we moved. Now everything is in plastic tubs in the basement until I get my sewing room done. But I do have my sewing machine and several projects strewn around the corner of the tv room and on the dining room table!

the top two shelves hold my "bundles" of matched fabrics for future quilts. The rest of the shelves are arranged by style, homespuns, civil war, batiks, florals, baby, borders, etc.
    Name:  Attachment-32672.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  64.7 KB

fabrics sorted by color, boxes of scraps by strips and squares. The monsters on the window seat my daughter and granddaughters made!
    Name:  Attachment-32673.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  42.8 KB

my quilting books, buttons and thread boxes on the top, and UFO project cases stacked next to the bookcase. Crazy quilt on the wall made by my daughter.
    Name:  Attachment-32674.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  65.7 KB

Blog Entries
    wow impressive!

Blog Entries
    :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: Will you have a seperate room again ? Bet you can't wait to get all settled in

Wow, a spot for everything!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Wow, so nice and neat! Hope you get back in your sewing room soon.

Looks Great but I'm jealous. Wish mine was already done. Told hubby I'm going in today and If I'm not out by dinner, send in the search and rescue team lol lol lol

Yes, I will have a sewing room again! Right now the living room is construction central! There is a table saw, piles of lumber, drywall and beadboard stacked against one wall, subflooring on the floor, etc. We are using a large bedroom as a "tv room" until the living room is done. Half the dry wall is done and as soon as the master bathroom is done, we'll finish the living room. Then our tv and loveseat and chairs can move to the living room and the tv room will become my sewing room. Eventually, it will also be drywalled but the kitchen, dining room, guest rooms and new windows and siding come first so in the meantime, I'm going to paint the old paneling in the sewing room and my daughter and I are going to paint a quilt on the wall! I'm also going to paint the old wood floor and paint a rug on the floor! I may even like it so well, I'll decide to keep it that way!! LOL I'm anxious to get shelves up again so I can unpack my fabric and be able to find things I need without going to the basement and going through all my tubs! One step at a time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: Will you have a seperate room again ? Bet you can't wait to get all settled in

So Tidy, so Neat! Im SO ENVIOUS!

It sure was nice - I'll bet you were sorry to give it up. Is your new room going to be bigger? I like the idea of leaving the floor just painted. Easier to sweep up pins and threads that way.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast