Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: My Recent Quilt Photos-3 :)

  1. #1
    sherriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    50
    Here are my recent (within the past two months)
    photos of quilts I have made. I just started quilting.
    25 Aug.,2007-Sherri


    Quilt Collage within past 2 months
    Name:  Attachment-770.jpe
Views: 293
Size:  18.4 KB

    Quilt finished yesterday
    Name:  Attachment-772.jpe
Views: 305
Size:  17.2 KB

    Tied Quilt by itself
    Name:  Attachment-774.jpe
Views: 298
Size:  14.5 KB

  2. #2
    cynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    206
    Hi, I don't know if it's just my computer or what, but the colours aren't showing up well. But I can see that all your corners are nice and crisp, that's something that I seem to struggle with unless I do foundation paper piecing.


  3. #3
    sherriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by cynde
    Hi, I don't know if it's just my computer or what, but the colours aren't showing up well. But I can see that all your corners are nice and crisp, that's something that I seem to struggle with unless I do foundation paper piecing.
    1. It is probably the quality of the camera(not that good)
    But thanks for letting me know! :)

    2.And thanks about the corners- I didn't use seam-binding-
    I turned over the quilt top and slip-stitched it to the backing.
    Thanks,
    Sherri

  4. #4
    Chunkymama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    rock hill south carolina
    Posts
    74
    :D I just love tied quilts! you are amazing to do that so fast. Just love it and your colors

  5. #5
    community benefactor Knot Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,724
    You have been very busy and it looks very good, like the sun flower fabric. :D :-) :D :-) :-o :lol: :P :wink: 8) :-) :D :) :) :) :)

  6. #6
    cynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by sherriah
    Quote Originally Posted by cynde
    Hi, I don't know if it's just my computer or what, but the colours aren't showing up well. But I can see that all your corners are nice and crisp, that's something that I seem to struggle with unless I do foundation paper piecing.
    1. It is probably the quality of the camera(not that good)
    But thanks for letting me know! :)

    2.And thanks about the corners- I didn't use seam-binding-
    I turned over the quilt top and slip-stitched it to the backing.
    Thanks,
    Sherri
    Seems like it's just my computer, more specifically my crappy monitor

  7. #7
    sherriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    You have been very busy and it looks very good, like the sun flower fabric. :D :-) :D :-) :-o :lol: :P :wink: 8) :-) :D :) :) :) :)
    Thanks! I'm enjoying the practice!
    All of the fabric in the one with the sunflower fabric
    came from clothes from a thrift store;
    The sunflower fabric wasa shirt :)

  8. #8
    Super Member Minda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,618
    Very nice work, Sherri. What did you use to tie your quilts?

  9. #9
    sherriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Minda
    Very nice work, Sherri. What did you use to tie your quilts?

    Thank you for your kind words:)
    I used string-like floss that came on a roll
    (there was no label on it) that I got at a thrift store.
    Whatever it was, it tied very easily, didn't separate,
    and is holding strong, so far.

  10. #10
    lin
    lin is offline
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,053
    Very, very pretty sherriah! Good job. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.