Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Sons Scrappy Quilt is Done!! >

My Sons Scrappy Quilt is Done!!

My Sons Scrappy Quilt is Done!!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM

Could your son pick out his own quilt design? :D
Old 04-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Now who deserves a Father of the year award?? I love that you have such interaction with him. When Zach was diagnosed his dad Ben denied it and it was a long time before he worked into accepting that his son had problems. I think you are a super dad! Now Ben takes him fishing and spends time with him. He still leaves most of the child care to Sara but it is hard on parents to get through it all but the generosity and humor of these kids makes it all worth while.

When Zach was younger he used to through anything he could get ahold of up in the air and rain rain all the time. Dirt in the flower pots! torn up bits of paper(he still likes to do) and I used to have bins of fabric scraps out and he and his little sister had a blast throwing all the scraps in the air!! What a mess! LOL But they had fun!

Can't wait to see what you are going to make for his winter quilt!!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Could your son pick out his own quilt design? :D
I think that might be a good idea, I will get several that are doable and then let him pick the one he wants! He is all the time choosing between what food he wants for breakfast and which drink he wants so its not like he has no perception of choices.

When Zach was younger he used to through anything he could get ahold of up in the air and rain rain all the time. Dirt in the flower pots! torn up bits of paper(he still likes to do) and I used to have bins of fabric scraps out and he and his little sister had a blast throwing all the scraps in the air!! What a mess! LOL But they had fun!
That sounds like Chase He used to love to pour things out on the counters and floor. Coffee, flour, spices it didnt matter if he could pour it out he would do it. He finally stopped when I made him sweep up his messes. You know after he cleaned up a few times he stopped doing it.

But he is my buddy and he knows it!!

Billy
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

That didn't work with Zach. I had a big box of scraps and he got ahold of them. I made him pick each and every one of the over 100 scraps he had scattered to kingdom come. He finally got done and I taped the box so he couldn't do it again and he snuck in and tore it open and it rained in my living room again and again! He did this for several years. He has now gotten so he has other obsessions and doesn't do it as often. He is only 9 but some of these behaviors he has done since he learned to climb( it came before walking!!) He can be a challenge!! But he is a lot of fun!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:59 AM

You'll have to let us know what pattern your son picks out!! That will be so special! :D
Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 PM

nice