Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My summer purse

I like to wear black sandals during the summer and I wanted a summer purse that would go with them. So here is what I came up with. I think that it might go with my brown ones too.

So here it is a lined purse with the little tooled leather at the top of the pocket. I am ging over to Tandy learther to find four tiny brads for each corner of the leather trim so it is very durable and stay's nice and flat. LOL! That is if I don't give it away ... I do things like that. LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

cute purse!!!

Red, that is really cute! You did that?! Sheesh, and I felt proud of myself when I did a regular tote - and it didn't even have pockets! :roll: Yours looks great!

Really cool....looks like something you would have to pay a ton of money for in a fancy store!!!!

Banned
    WOW!

those handles are amazing - did you make them or buy them?

This is SO COOL! It doesn't look "homemade" at all! Wow, I am impressed!

Blog Entries
    Wow You will be stylin' :D :D :D

Thanks! This is pattern number B4148 (view A) of the Butterick pattern company. I have made tons of them for gifts. They are a little hard to figure out the first time you make it and I do add to it a little here and there, but it is a great pattern. The handles came from a local quilt store called, "Windy Moon Quilts". It is on line if you are interested in buying a set. They are very nice people there. I think these ran somewhere around fifteen dollars.

My friend who hangs at a bar near the airport with her boyfriend, gets people wanting a purse like hers all the time. I have made her about four or five of them. She say's even people in the grocery store have fits over them. Same with my sis and sis in laws. I have really had fun making these and also Mcall's M5340 in the round style (D) view. I have done a few vougue ones that are very nice, but tons of work in precious fabrics of silk and velvet. Fun, but time consuming detail work.

I plan on making a few for my buddy to take and sell soon. (To feed my ever wanting fabric habit) I have some toile that is going to be a great purse when it is done for summer.

Sorry I didn't mean to go on so. Thanks for enjoying the purse.

Super nice

Great purse!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast