Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions?

Ok, I have 4 beautiful materials that look great together, but then I cut them into 1" squares. This is my current layout. I ran out of pink poka dot, so I'm cutting more, that is why it looks "off" on the edges.

Thoughts? Do I need to add another fabric? Take out that odd fabric? Change the layout? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

all I can say is just keep going, it's looking good

Blog Entries
    The floral is not working as well as the others, because it is different in every 1", so those pieces are not carrying the pattern along. I would try substituting something that 'reads' more solid in those spots -- maybe a green that is dark like in the floral.

Just a thought...

Thanks Ladies!

Leslie - that is what I was thinking, I just have soooo much of the floral that I really wanted to use it :-)

Lovely fabrics/colours. My thought is, the larger print fabric with the black/dark background doesn't quite work. Maybe because it is fragmented and the different tones and colours of the print no longer work as a whole. The lattice, polka dot and soft green work really well together. The small squares with the dark background and the leaves look great...Hope I am explaining clearly...and please, don't think this is a criticism. We all look at things differently and there is no right or wrong. Look forward to seeing this one progress. Happy quilting:).

The large floral print is throwing me off. Some of the squares are dark and some are light. I would think the large print floral would work great for the border, but it looks lost with the other colors. Personally, I would add a slightly darker green to the mix (compared to the lime green).

I think if the large floral was used with just the darker backgrounds it would work better. I do like the idea of a dark ring or change to green.

Looks good to me

Looks good to me.

The floral needs to be used in larger squares so the print is more visible. I would either take it out or use another fabric that is darker in order to connect them. JMHO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast