Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   follow-up. hubby's new pastime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/follow-up-hubbys-new-pastime-t31055.html)

mjsylvstr 12-07-2009 04:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, Ladies.......as a follow up to my topic,

....................."SOMETHING FOR HUBBY TO DO"..................

the job is almost completed......maybe I shouldn't use the word job but as of now, not too sure how to describe it !!!!

I mentioned that I was going to make wooden outdoor quilted blocks and then turned it over to my husband......Here are the results..I think that he did a marvelous job....what do you think?

The quiting boards are all painted but they still have to have a coating sprayed on them for outside protection......and I do think that they need a frame.....
better known as a binding.

So, what do you think? He did a pretty good job, wouldn't you say?

I'm keeping him........MaryJane

THE BLUES' FAMILY
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25382[/ATTACH]

THEIR COUSINS, THE EARTHY FAMIY
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25566[/ATTACH]

mjsylvstr 12-07-2009 05:01 AM

Thanks, I thought so also.

I was going to use them on the garden shed but I think that one will go to my daughter......she has rustic looking shingles on her home and maybe one of these will look good there........if she wants one...

we shall see.........otherwise, who knows where they will hang....

have a good day, MaryJane

3incollege 12-07-2009 05:11 AM

Looks great! quilt blocks, either made with fabric or wood they are all wonderful.

beachlady 12-07-2009 09:00 AM

Those are great! Suggested to my DH that he do some and he wants to know what kind of wood your DH used.

amma 12-07-2009 09:04 AM

These are awesome!!! DH did a great job on these :D:D:D

omak 12-07-2009 09:07 AM

Do you mean to tell me that your hubby took perfectly good wood, cut it up, connected it back together and then covered it up???
hmmm ... LOL
He won't buy it, either ... hubby says there is a difference <g> but I keep trying.
THose are really grand ... maybe he won't be so retired when he starts selling those beauties, eh?
I hope he knows how fortunate he is to have a wife who understands "hobbies" and is an encouragement to him.
<wave>

Quilt4u 12-07-2009 09:11 AM

Very nice.

punkinsmom 12-07-2009 09:19 AM

Those are wonderful. I tried to talk my DH into making me one, I wont repeat what he said. :oops:

omak 12-07-2009 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by punkinsmom
Those are wonderful. I tried to talk my DH into making me one, I wont repeat what he said. :oops:

Bummer! Some fellows have no sense of humor :|

janRN 12-07-2009 09:25 AM

OK, MaryJane. It looks like you've really started something here!! I also just showed them to my DH and his response was "Oh, that's interesting." What that means in Tom-speak is "Oh no!! Another project!!" I love them. How big are they? I have a perfect spot on our garage to hang one. Thank you for posting this--now I can't wait til spring. Please post again when you put them in your garden.