Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One Block Woofers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-block-woofers-t23403.html)

Quilting Aggi 07-29-2009 06:01 AM

Very funky quilt!!!!!!!! Now that I have a dog of my own I want to make a special quilt for my little girl. Maybe Santa might bring her one!

dunster 07-29-2009 06:09 AM

I LOVE your placement of the blocks. And that is a great border fabric. These quilts are so much fun!

Sometimes JoAnns has the first OBW book, so check there if you're looking for it.

Great title too!

sewjoyce 07-29-2009 06:14 AM

That is so cute!!! I love the way the blocks turned out!

mytwopals 07-29-2009 06:30 AM

I love this quilt. And being a dog lover makes it even more special.

billswife99 07-29-2009 08:27 AM

Oh for fun! I love the woofers name! I have heard of a quilter using potatoe fabric to make one of these. Yes, I said potatoes. I haven't seen it yet but I bet it is awesome!

k3n 07-29-2009 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by billswife99
Oh for fun! I love the woofers name! I have heard of a quilter using potatoe fabric to make one of these. Yes, I said potatoes. I haven't seen it yet but I bet it is awesome!

There's one in the new book with pears all over - I fancy making one like that - I'd love to see the taters! :D

k3n 07-29-2009 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
I LOVE your placement of the blocks. And that is a great border fabric. These quilts are so much fun!

Sometimes JoAnns has the first OBW book, so check there if you're looking for it.

Great title too!

Yes, I was pleased with the border fabric - I took some of the original fabric on my trip to Belgium recently and found it in a little LQS there! :D So the dog fabric came from the USA, the border from Belgium, the quilt was made in France and now it's off to England! :D

Bevanger 07-29-2009 09:35 AM

That is so cool. I really love it. I sure wish I could find fabric with Pomeranians

Rhonda 07-29-2009 10:17 AM

Well K3n I feel really proud that i had a vote in the name! It is really terrific!! I love the way it came out! I really laughed when you first mentioned One Block Woofers it is so apt!!! I love the quilt!!
You're getting quite experienced at this now you know!! How many does this make now?

amma 07-29-2009 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by dunster

Great title too!

Yes, I was pleased with the border fabric - I took some of the original fabric on my trip to Belgium recently and found it in a little LQS there! :D So the dog fabric came from the USA, the border from Belgium, the quilt was made in France and now it's off to England! :D

A truely well traveled, international quilt!!! I love it!! 8) 8) 8) I had never noticed one before with the original fabrics in blocks incorporated into it. Good Job!!! Very Inspiring, too :D :D :D