Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt for the baby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-baby-t12435.html)

mireelmar 10-20-2008 12:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the quilt I'm working on for my soon to be born daughter Rylynn. I know it's big, but I wanted her to be able to use it for longer than just when she is a little girl. This is my first quilt so it's not perfect! I don't think the colors are coming through correctly either....:(

it's not as green as it looks...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20624[/ATTACH]

live2teach 10-20-2008 12:26 PM

You've done a terrific job on it! It's adorable!

mireelmar 10-20-2008 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by live2teach
You've done a terrific job on it! It's adorable!

Thank you :) I have 6 appliques that are going to be on the yellow and pink plaid squares but I have to send my mom to the store for some.... uh.... steam to seam? I think that's what it's called...

I really am learning as I go :)

shellyp 10-20-2008 12:29 PM

I never would have known it was a first quilt. Great job!

Izy 10-20-2008 12:33 PM

Wow - What a great job for your first quilt, congrats btw!!, so now we have two babies due soon :D

mireelmar 10-20-2008 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by shellyp

Thank you so much! I guess the problem is I know where the imperfections are :lol:

mireelmar 10-20-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Wow - What a great job for your first quilt, congrats btw!!, so now we have two babies due soon :D

Yay! Yes, and I as well am on bedrest. :( I'm hoping they wont make me carry to term... at my 29 week ultrasound she weighed 4lbs 3 oz... My mother informed me that babies gain a 1/2lb to a pound a week for the last 8 weeks! EEEK!

zyxquilts 10-20-2008 12:45 PM

You did a great job mireelmar! What kind of appliques are you going to put on it? (I use Steam-a-Seam too!) She's going to enjoy it for a long time! :D

shellyp 10-20-2008 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by mireelmar

Originally Posted by shellyp

Thank you so much! I guess the problem is I know where the imperfections are :lol:

As long as you don't tell, they don't exist! :wink:

mireelmar 10-20-2008 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
You did a great job mireelmar! What kind of appliques are you going to put on it? (I use Steam-a-Seam too!) She's going to enjoy it for a long time! :D

I got these really cute "fab-liques" as they call them at Joanns. They are sooooo soft and adorable. I don't have the patience just yet to try and make my own appliques :) The quilt I was given by my grandmother when I was a baby has hand made appliques on it, and I contemplated it, tried it, and after many choice curse words and a tear fest, I gave up. There are just some things that shouldn't be done while pregnant, hah.

I have a pig (my favorite animal) elephant, giraffe, butterly, sheep, and a lion :) maybe I should take pictures of them too...?

How do you like the steam-a-seam? Is it easy to use?