Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The quilt of problems... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-problems-t18851.html)

ScubaK 04-11-2009 07:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For lack of a better word...
This is actually the first quilt to really give me problems....
The pattern cutting directions were off like 96 pieces, like 192 black pieces (short 48 ) and the white squares were way too many (288 ) ...the number of strips were short...
When I ran short I went to get more black and of course they did not have it...I had to scramble from the brights to get some strips to use
My seams were off...not sure of this yet...
I hate this quilt...don't know when I will get the borders on but it is pieced together and off the sewing deck.
Don't know what I am going to do with the left over 2.5" white squares...
Kirsten

The quilt from Hell!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31938[/ATTACH]

Janstar 04-11-2009 07:15 PM

It looks pretty good but only you know what problems you had with it. Sorry it gave you trouble.

azdesertrat 04-11-2009 07:25 PM

It does look very colorful and well done.Just save the squares you never know when you will need them and then they will already be cut.If you really don't like it finish it anyway and donate it to a charity

Moonpi 04-11-2009 07:43 PM

I like it. If you look at the top left chain running towards bottom right, the chain does not have the whites on the outside. That and the other one going in the same direction is where you got off.

The chains are white-black-white everywhere else, but black-white-black on those two runs.

I'd border it in something bright and find someone who will love your interpretation. Everything we make does not have to be uniform or scripted. When dealing with that many small bits, I'll take strip piecing every time.

mrsj82 04-11-2009 08:29 PM

I'm sorry it gave you problems. I sure don't notice them, and it's a beautiful quilt. Good job, and if you need a home for it, PM me for my address....lol

MadQuilter 04-11-2009 09:13 PM

For such a pain in the neck quilt, it turned out really nice. If you really hate it, have you considered donating it, or raffling it off? Personally, I don't think it's hate-worthy.

Could the extra black and white squares be the first border followed by a solid outer border?

Jim's Gem 04-11-2009 09:23 PM

Looks pretty. You'll find something to use those blocks for!

Harmony 04-11-2009 09:40 PM

Despite the fact that it made you want to tear your hair out, I think it's a really nice quilt! I sure don't understand why some quilts just decide to fight you all the way, but that happens to me sometimes too!

amma 04-11-2009 10:06 PM

I think it is very bright, cheerful, and it can come right over to my house :D :D :D

SulaBug 04-11-2009 11:07 PM

I think your quilt is great!! :D I love all of the colors & the pattern itself. If you decide you don't want it, I know it would have a good home at my place!! :D :D :D :D