Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

AngeliaNR 10-28-2014 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Izy (Post 6947330)
Yes I did use paper as a foundation AngeliaNR :)

Thanks--I'm going to give that a try. I love making string quilts, and I'm always looking for different ideas! :)

onaemtnest 10-28-2014 03:49 PM

Post # 2427

Oh My Goodness Izy!!! What a gorgeous string quilt it is so very cheerful spread out on the bed! There is not a dull moment within the design, I'm so very, very impressed!!! I'm not at all surprised that your partners Mother took a fancy to the quilt. Well done, well done!!!!

onaemtnest 10-28-2014 03:54 PM

Post # 2420

What a wonderful Ohio Star, your color selection is 'spot on' to my eye. I agree I love your binding strip how it pulls it all together. Another quilt inspiration by a talented member!

DDuMouchel 10-28-2014 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6946101)
Nicely done DDuM:thumbup:; makes me want to make one of my own. What size did you make the back squares? This makes the quilt an even better scrap buster!

The back squares were cut at 8.5 inches. I intended to use 10 inches as I already have a stack of them but when I pulled out the stack, I found a bunch that were 8.5 and I wanted to use up as many as I could. I still have some left but the pile is definitely smaller.

Fotoula 10-28-2014 04:23 PM

beautiful quilts!!!

Gannyrosie 10-29-2014 01:11 AM

IZY (post 24247), that is one bright and beautiful quilt. Love the colors. Happy,happy.

Gannyrosie 10-29-2014 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by jbj137 (Post 6866542)
Garbage Can Quilt

my pic will not attach.

If your pic will not attach, it's cause it's too large of a file probably. I've had to you photo shop to resize many of my pics in order for them to post.

Izy 10-29-2014 01:41 AM

I have followed this topic from the start and still get amazed by the sheer amount of wonderful original quilts that are still being posted!
Thank you for your kind compliments :)

SandyinZ4 10-29-2014 07:34 PM

Izy...If there was a grand prize award for a quilt..yours would definitely win it! What a fabulous job and lucky person who gets it. (I've forgotten now.) My only scrappy contribution is that I am working on Bonnie Hunter's Leader/Ender project- Lozenges. I think I have about half of the ones made that I need so will be several more months to go for me.

Izy 10-30-2014 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 6949161)
Izy...If there was a grand prize award for a quilt..yours would definitely win it! What a fabulous job and lucky person who gets it. (I've forgotten now.) My only scrappy contribution is that I am working on Bonnie Hunter's Leader/Ender project- Lozenges. I think I have about half of the ones made that I need so will be several more months to go for me.

Wow, what a compliment, I am blushing now! This quilt is for my partners elderly Mom, who absolutely loves it! Are you not tempted to do the GI mystery starting on Thanksgiving? It is in very similar colours to this quilt, but with black! I think it will be fab! I did last years but changed the colours (and the blocks) to suit me but this year I love them! :)