Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Those wasteful ladies at my quilt group! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/those-wasteful-ladies-my-quilt-group-t20253.html)

Boston1954 05-21-2009 11:20 AM

Good for you! My parents grew up during what is now known as the Great Depression. They did not throw anything away. I should go through my scraps and see what I can do.

MadQuilter 05-21-2009 11:46 AM

It looks like the front end of a white wiener dog with black ears flopping. ....scary, really - I wonder what I would see if I had happy pills. lol

k3n 05-21-2009 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
It looks like the front end of a white wiener dog with black ears flopping. ....scary, really - I wonder what I would see if I had happy pills. lol

What would Freud make of us all? Seeing pictures in crazy blocks - like those ink splatt pics that are supposed to BE something! :lol:

K x

Izy 05-21-2009 12:21 PM

Well there is the theme for your scrappy quilt, I saw a dog straight away..but I am a lost cause anyway, see faces in EVERYTHING and anything... :D

KWhite, your mini blocks are amazing...a gal after my own heart there!! :D :D :D

MadQuilter 05-21-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
What would Freud make of us all? Seeing pictures in crazy blocks - like those ink splatt pics that are supposed to BE something! :lol:

THAT'S IT: He's a Rorschach dog. lol

kwhite 05-21-2009 02:48 PM

Thanks Izy. I really enjoy the teeny tiny's

sandpat 05-21-2009 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by k3n

THAT'S IT: He's a Rorschach dog. lol

OK....now....I had Margaritas for dinner and NOW I DO SEE THE DOG!

and I agree...he is a rorschach blotto dog...or maybe I'm just blotto...dunno...but I think I'll have another :lol:

Mousie 05-21-2009 03:48 PM

think I already chimed in, but oh well, i'm like the scraps, worth keeping, around, lol! :wink:
was in a fabric dept. one day, chatting away with betty, the fabric cutter-lady, and another customer, joined in. We were talking about how much fabric we have, and when i said something...bit foggy, now,...about having a lot, she suggested that I give them away, or get rid of them...in some way...was the inference...I was shocked! :shock: (see my hair standing on end?!)
I said, "oh, no, I could never do that. I am very sentimental about my fabrics." In a rather, snippy voice, with an expression to match, she said, "I never get sentimental about fabric!"...as If I were nuts.
I looked at her to see if she were serious, and thought, "oh my, you poor thing. You're missing out, and don't even know it."
Some of my fabrics are for me and hubby, so they are like children. Some are for my kids, and my gkids, so they are family. Some are for friends, so they are friend-fabrics, and some are for charity projects, so those are my foster kids. Some day they will go to other homes, but I will always have the memories.
Oh, I don't take anything about my sewing/quilting or crafting stuff lightly. Anything that can bring me out of the blues, see me thru sickness, keep me from getting bored, or going crazy, and brings me so much absolute joy...well, it deserves to be loved and respected and handled with TLC, and have it's own special room where we can revel in all the wonders of making happy stuff, for as many as we can, for as long as we can. :D

sandpat 05-21-2009 03:54 PM

I believe you QnC.....and I say "AMEN!!" :D

Mousie 05-21-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

I can't believe, they cut a pattern and toss the rest! yikes! I'd be dumpster diving too..hide and watch! :wink:

Got an image now of you hiding in a dumpster - little eyes (and big ears LOL) poking out the trash! Eyes going right and left, looking for approaching French ladies with fistfuls of scraps! :lol:

K x

so, I guess I'm not as sneaky as i try to be, or you are just good with spotting things in the trash...well, hmm, you did come up with some good fabric, lol. well, you spotted me in here, just digging away, and I am a 'good find', so guess that settles it,...your just good! :wink: