Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Those wasteful ladies at my quilt group! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/those-wasteful-ladies-my-quilt-group-t20253.html)

Mousie 05-18-2009 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I'd already thought of that! At first, I thought I'd take the block to show them, but I'll wait til I've got a quilts worth! LOL

K x

Go, K!!! you show 'em.
:wink: yeah, AFTER, ya got a few quilts, made. Do like I do...
let 'em think your crazy, lol! :wink: :wink: :wink:
(and laugh your butt off, the whole time.)
smart is, as smart does! :XD:

Chele 05-18-2009 04:08 AM

Great save! Their trash is turned into a beautiful block! Going green is fun!

Tippy 05-18-2009 04:14 AM

I love your block.... good work... hmmm, makes me want to join a quilting group :twisted: Well, other than this great bunch that is.

beachlady 05-18-2009 04:32 AM

They really throw big pieces away. You go K.

sewjoyce 05-18-2009 04:42 AM

The other night a friend and I were at quilt guild. A lady brought my friend a whole bag of "scraps" to use for quilts for the Church where we meet. Well, I spied a "kitty" fabric and grabbed it out before I even thought:oops: :oops: :oops: This "scrap" was over a yard of fabric!!! I did offer to give it back but my friend just laughed and said I could keep it!!

Izy 05-18-2009 05:08 AM

Yeah!! Way to go girl!! Scrap happy block, I love it!!

I have abit of a reputation at my guild for raking the bins.... :roll: Last week as soon as I walked into the room one of our members came up to me, I thought she was going to give me a nice cuddle..NO she grabbed my hand and stuffed a few scraps in my hand before even saying hello!! :lol: This follows on from a few weeks before I went to make a cuppa and there in amongst all the soggy tea bags were some scraps of beautiful fabrics, so I grabbed them and said in a loud chastising voice 'WHO has thrown these scraps away???' LOL well it turns out this lady didn't know I beg steal or rummage for scraps, anyway it worked, as she handed me some lovely bright scraps tee hee!!

So SOMETIMES it does you good to be VERBAL :roll:

Keep up the good work K...you will find these crumb blocks are very addictived!! :lol:

k3n 05-18-2009 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

The other night a friend and I were at quilt guild. A lady brought my friend a whole bag of "scraps" to use for quilts for the Church where we meet. Well, I spied a "kitty" fabric and grabbed it out before I even thought:oops: :oops: :oops: This "scrap" was over a yard of fabric!!! I did offer to give it back but my friend just laughed and said I could keep it!!

Wow - I hope the ladies at my group start throwing yards away! Most of the French ladies at least, seem to buy fabric for a project then toss the remnants. They've never heard of scrappy - ssshhh, don't tell 'em! :wink:

K x

sandpat 05-18-2009 05:12 AM

K, maybe you should just place a little holder next to each lady so they can conveniently put their scraps for you in there!!..I wouldn't tell them what I was doing with them, just let them think you are crazy... :roll:

tlrnhi 05-18-2009 05:18 AM

Good job! :) :)

k3n 05-18-2009 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
K, maybe you should just place a little holder next to each lady so they can conveniently put their scraps for you in there!!..I wouldn't tell them what I was doing with them, just let them think you are crazy... :roll:

I had thought about putting a separate bag next to the bin - it wasn't nice rooting through the sandwich crusts, etc - Izy, I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one! :D :D

K x