Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   what would you charge a client for this... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-would-you-charge-client-t206915.html)

4EVERquilt 11-25-2012 06:26 PM

yup!! don't let her get away with it. You did alot of work on this and deserve even more than 126.00

love to sew 11-25-2012 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 5679051)
First of all, it is just beautiful!
Just read your second post. DO NOT let her pay less than the $126. She's robbing you at that. If she won't pay that, then keep it for yourself.

I totally agree with this post! Don't let her get away with less than what you agreed on!!!

LLWinston44 11-25-2012 08:46 PM

Its beautiful!! Constantly amazes me how clueless people are!!!

Jan in VA 11-25-2012 09:26 PM

Now you know the majority opinion here, and I definitely agree.

But how will you handle it when she demands you give it to her because it has HER grandfather's fabrics it? You will tell her you are very well aware of that, but the problem is she is apparently not aware that YOUR labor, YOUR time, YOUR creativity, and YOUR extra materials are also in it. Therefore, if she is unwilling to pay you for your part of the quilt, a minimum of $126, then perhaps you will sell it on Etsy/ebay/craigslist/etc. to recoup your commission and if there is any left over you will give that to her.

Give her a time frame to pay for it or sell it.....IN WRITING! (Maybe by email IF you get a response from her)

Best of luck and learn from this one!
Jan in VA

earthwalker 11-25-2012 09:56 PM

Some excellent advice here, so I won't give mine. Just wanted to say you have done a beautiful job with this and I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with the client. I think I'm getting sookie with age, but this is one of the things I dread.....dealing with difficult people. It's stories like this that put me off ever taking commissions.

lalaland 11-25-2012 10:17 PM

I'm with earthwalker, you have gotten excellent advice.

I just want to add, I think it's beautiful and my DH even thought it was beautiful too.

heather1949 11-25-2012 10:35 PM

Always get a deposit, and agree on a price and stick to it, that way if they don't come back your not out of pocket.

Sandygirl 11-26-2012 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by heather1949 (Post 5680189)
Always get a deposit, and agree on a price and stick to it, that way if they don't come back your not out of pocket.

And do it In WRITING and both sign it.

Debbie C 11-26-2012 03:49 AM

people like that just tick me off! You did a beautiful job and if l were you, l'd tell her she highly insulted your talents as a quilter by trying to lowball you and that it's going up for bids online in 30 days if she does not pay the agreed-upon price......plain and simple. The nerve of some people!!

sandyl 11-26-2012 03:58 AM

I agree with Debbie C. do NOT let that go for $60.