Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: The ragged flannel is done, wrapped and ready to go

Blog Entries
    Tigerbaby--I found all of those flannels at a Mennonite shop near me. I only have some of two left--the small leaves is called Autumn Leaves by northcott, and the darkest green is called Christmas something.. by Thimbleberry.

Tari--my grandmother always liked the back of these best too. :lol:

quiltwoman--I first saw one of these on the back of a chair at my quilter's house. After feeling how soft and cozy it was I knew I HAD to make one. I've made... hmm..let me count... at least 12 now--mostly to give away. I have the first one I made for myself--my practice one.

Izy--surprisingly my hand wasn't sore at all. I remember the first one I ragged--I could do only 2 rows before I had to take a break. I don't know what made the difference. Maybe the scissors?

Also--rather than wash the whole thing, I spray both sides well with water and put it in the dryer to get it to rag. I already did it--before I took the photo. It will rag more with each washing.

salisaquilter--I wrote out the measurements for the one I do (there are a myriad of options) and saved it, so I can send it to you when you reach this project, if you wish. :D

Karla....as always...GORGEOUS!
    Great job!

Love the fabrics in your rag quilt--makes me wish it would get colder soon (I'm in California, so that probably won't happen!) Your quilting on the barn quilt is super!

Did you hear me gasp? Boy those are so pretty!

How the heck did you rag one side and not the other?

You are such a "giving" person, Karla. Great quilt. Cool wallhanging. Wonderful!!!

Blog Entries
    sewnsewer--the seams are ragged--and all the seams are one one side. That's the trickiest part of making these the first time... it's hard to remember to keep all the seams (1/2") on the right side. It's the opposite way we usually make a quilt. Oh the seam ripper got a lot of use for the first few. :D

That turned out really nice it was pretty before ragging but spectaular now.

Both truned out great. Love both.

Banned
    BEAUTIFUL :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3