Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Name:  Sewhappy center.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  115.0 KB

Here is sewhappy's center.........hmmm.......what to do next!?!?! I do have two perfect fabrics that coordinate.......just need to put my creative cap on to decide what to add.
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Lovely addition to Sewhappy's. I didn't mean to overlook you, Gina! I miscounted and thought only one was missing! The white framing the green really makes it look good!

Well, it's not framing it! It's separating the green from the center, anyway, I like it.
    jillnjo

I love it!!!! Believe it or not Tam...moo that's kinda what I had in mind, I like how it has framed the center so that the center pops out. That's the same way I did Paula's. I didn't want the first border to take away from her center because it was so beautiful.

Now we need Paula's!!!
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Blog Entries
    Paula, Fabric went out to you Friday morning. You'll probably have it by Monday or Tuesday.

Gena, I love what was done with your center. The color is spot on. And, I love how it frames your Carpenters Wheel. I haven't yet decided what to add to yours yet. Good thing I have time.

Yaya, I would be in heaven if my daughter moved in with me when her new little one arrives. But, that is not going to happen. Her and her hubby just bought a new house and moved in yesterday. But, seriously, I am very happy for them. I just won't get to be a hands on grandma the way I would like to be. So, revel in the chaos for me.

I meant to say earlier also, like Jillnjo, I love all the color choices you used in the piano keys. It add so much fun and dimension. Blue and yellow is such a soothing color to work with for me. (I love working with the color blue especially. The yellow will add a much needed new direction for me.)
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

So glad you ladies like the picture show of the side by sides. I will add to each one as we progress...and her is Gena's
    Name:  R1S.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  49.6 KB

Now....I wonder what mine looks like??????

Judith & Nancy - thank you again for sending the fabric. I will let you know when they arrive.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    I just love the piano keys addition to my center. I have the beautiful batiks center...it is stuning...hope I can add something you will like.

QUOTE=jillnjo;5546487]Dragonfly, I will gladly send you some of the blue~assuming that I have some!! I bought it at a quilt shop I am going to today and they may still have it~will check when I go if I used all of it.

Karen, I'm glad you like my first round addition! I thought the white areas would be a great place for some neat quilting. If the completed quilt called for it, you might also applique something in that area, but I decided not to, even though I did think about it! Any of you feel free to add to my rounds when the quilt arrives home!

We did have a refreshing short trip to KY. One of the nicest times we've had on the few trips we've taken. Yaya~you are quite the traveler~my hubby and I will have to learn how to do that! We seem to be home bodies, enjoying what our hobbies are here. I tell myself we ought to travel more and see the country. I love my country, isn't it beautiful everywhere? I am looking forward to working on Tam..moos top! The fabrics she chose means I will be shopping for my round and do I ever love to do that!!! Tam..moo is around, I see her posting in the swaps and I received a wonky log cabin block from her this past week! Thanks, Tammy, it is a favorite of mine!

I was given a 20 dollar gift certificate from friends recently to a quilt shop and I'm heading there this morning~it's been burning a hole in my pocket, as my Dad used to say to me whenever I had a dime or two!

Take care, all you "blue robins"~happy sewing. Nancy.[/QUOTE]
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Blue Robins Great thinking Nancy!
    Hey Gena - Can we get the name Blue Robins added to the heading of our thread? That is if everyone agrees and likes the name.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

I love the Blue Robins for our name
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Hey Tammy, could you post a picture of the batiks center you have before you start on it please?
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

I love the side by side pictures. Sometimes it's hard to remember what it looked like in the before. All of your centers are beautiful, Blue Robins.
    Andii

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast