Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Anyone else need more time for this round?!?!?! We were gone for the week of Thanksgiving and I'm feeling like I don't have enough time for all I need to do in the next couple of weeks. So, I would love it if we could push this round's date farther away than the 10th of Dec----til after the Christmas holidays, say Jan 10th. Can we vote?!?!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

I'm easy to please, so whatever you all decide is fine with me. I still haven't started on my round yet either. I'm starting to feel the pressure. lol I need to go to the fabric store, I can't find anything here that I like well enough to go with Judith's top. So a few more week would be good for me, but if not I will get it done.
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Blog Entries
    I'm fine with it also. I'm still working on my 2nd top and I have the 3rd top here waiting. But, I will have it done soon. I've picked up a few more hours at work so, have been busier. But, no excuses. I can make the deadline with this top. But, I won't be early. It took me forever to decide on a border. But, I think I picked the right one.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Even though I am done with mine for this round, I am also OK with delaying the send date of this round if you need it.
    I think after the holidays are through we will all get back on track.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

thanks everyone! Helps me a lot knowing I will have more time. I've been making a sampler quilt top for my mom for Christmas. I'm actually making it to be a "coverlet-bedspread" rather than a quilt, no batting and using flannel on the back. My mom doesn't like how heavy her other quilt is and doesn't want to use a dust ruffle anymore. Making it so it will hang long enough on the sides has been more of a challenge, plus I am running out of the fabrics since I had to make 30 blocks!!!! so......
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Wow, sounds nice. But, big. lol

Yes, it'll be big! I will post a picture. Trying to figure out the last borders-3-4 to make it long enough and hoping I have enough fabric....it'll be tricky to make it work!!

Blog Entries
    Hi Guys, I just wanted to let you know, I will have Karens top done in a couple of days. I have all the blocks pieced together and ready to "fit" onto my round. I may be just a day or two late. I will post a picture as soon as I have it ready to go to DragonflyNana. Soon, I promise. It is coming out exactly how I hoped it would. It really compliments Karens center and Jillngo's round.

Can I ask for suggestions on TamMoo's top. I'm just a little stumped on how I should go on. I don't want to make it too busy and I really want to enhance the prior two rounds. But, I do not have it on the design wall yet. So, of course it hasn't "talked" to me yet. I want to finish Karen's first before I really dig into TamMoo's. But, suggestions are welcome.

If anyone needs or wants any 30's fabric to work on mine, Just let me know. I have a photo posted on my blog of the colors I have on hand right now. It's just a small collection of prints, but, they sure make me smile. I just don't want anyone to HAVE to go to a big expense if they don't like 30's prints or are on a limited budget . (I know what that's like.)

I am really enjoying working on everyones quilts. I am just stressing the "fit" of the round. But, I promise you will be pleased.

Well, I will let you know Monday how things are going. I work the next few days (or I would not be late at all). Of course, silly me, I lost track of the time. I am sorry. I will do better on my next round. (I promise.)

I think we have decided to extend the deadline from Dec 10th to Jan 10th for this round. At least I hope so. I haven't even started on mine yet, Christmas and work is really taking a toll on me. So I think Jan 10th is the mailing date. If that's not right someone please let me know. But mine will definately be late if its Dec 10th. I'm so sorry everyone, life has really got me going in every direction right now..
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Don't stress ladies - get the done when you can.

Judith - what about splitting the round measurement into a couple of sections? Maybe a medium blue strip first - to set the tone and then a section of the mixed colors (blues, yellow and white) in a different geometric pattern - like 1/2 square triangles or pinwheels to give it the feel of motion?
    Paula

Blog Entries
    That sounds interesting. I will definitely think about it.

Blog Entries
    Just to let know that I have not received anything to work on in awhile.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

It looks like you all are having a great time with this and they are all looking so good. Hopefully, some day I will have the skills to play too.
    June

Blog Entries
    Thanks June. But, I'm not even sure I have the skills yet. But, I am learning so much along the way. My math skills are killing me. But, I am having fun along the way.

I agree Judith - I don't think my skills are the best but I keep at it until it looks right.
    Last edited by Dragonfly Nana; 12-10-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Paula

Blog Entries
    Thanks Paula!! It's still fun tho.! LOL, I have 3 sides finished on Yaya's quilt. I lOVE how it is coming out. Had a set back or 2, but, I think I got it all figured out. Hope to get a photo posted tomorrow!! I really have to stop procrastinating and just jump in. I really am enjoying it after the procrastination and worry of actually making it all come together. (I am such a dufas sometimes. lol) But, it is such a pleasure in the end to actually see what I created. And this round barring a few set backs has come together quicker for me then the first one. (I'm learning from all my mistakes. lol) I will let you know when I mail off Paula.

I am now looking forward to working on Tam Moo's top. It is so pretty. And you ladies are doing an awesome job of setting it up for the next round. Thank you!!!

Can't wait to see the next set of Photos.

See you soon ladies. I am going to be working on a block for the Monthly Swap Bee next. And after that, I need to make my December Doll Quilt. And then, Tam Moo's top gets my undivided attention.

I have been so busy christmas shopping, getting my packages mailed off to my children, grandchild in NC and FL. I've been working a lot of extra nights at my job in addition to the weekends. Decorating my Christmas tree. Baking and sewing.

How are all of you doing? What have you been up too.

Judith I know what you mean about procrastination and then joy at the finished product making you wonder what you were worried about. I just went through that with my row for a Row Robin but once I had it made I really liked it.

Sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy lately. Make sure to eat right and rest when you can so that you can enjoy your family and friends at all the holiday festivities.
    Ours will be very quiet this year (just DH, me, and our pets) as we don't live near most family and others have to work.
    Paula

Blog Entries
    Thanks Paula, I am definitely doing that already. This is a first winter for me in KY. As I've lived most of my life in FL. So, this winter is cold to me. I'm used to much warmer christmas's. So, I'm trying to stay a little ahead of any cold or sinus attack!

I don't mind working the extra hours at my job right now. It's only a part time job. And it will slow down in the spring. So the extra hours are definitely welcome. And I love this job. So, it makes it an easy decision.

This year, I will be with my mom and brother and of course the furr babies for christmas. Last year I spent christmas with both of my children. The two before it, I was by myself. So, this year will just be a small christmas. But, it beats being by myself anyway. I want to visit my daughter and grandson in the spring when its nice. That is when my job is the slowest. I also need to plan a visit with my son soon too. I miss them like crazy. Of course, that's why I try to stay busy. Not so much to do anymore now that they are grown and going their own way. (all part of motherhood, right.!)

Blog Entries

Yaya's 2nd round!

Okay guys, I am finished with my round on Yaya's quilt. And it is off to Paula's house. Yes, Paula, the next top is on it's way to you. I have TamMoo's on my design wall right now. I WILL NOT procrastinate this time. It is so pretty. The last border by Nancy is going to be hard to top. I think I will go about showcasing the beautiful applique that Nancy did and set the stage for the next round with my round. So, here is Yaya's center with my round. What do you think?

Blog Entries
    Ok, let's try this again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very sharp, Judith. The pink and white check is what it is laying on, right?
    Andii

Judith! the quilt looks great and I love the red and white print you used in the round, it makes me want to look all around the quilt and see what is there. Just me probably, but it stands out to me. Looks like a wonderful July 4th quilt to hang on a porch swing, yaya!
    I haven't been on the board much lately as life in general has kept me busy. I do always check this thread from my emails. I think each round may get more challenging as we progress on the quilts. I have to decide if my round will need to mostly compliment what has been added or if it is a round to use something more detail and that's hard sometimes for me. I have Gena's started with stars that are like her center star, but haven't decided how to connect them yet. I found a paper pieced pattern for a six inch star and that makes it faster and easier than cutting and sewing the little pieces it takes.
    You all have a merry Christmas and be blessed richly! Nancy.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Andii, that is my design wall. It's just a flannel/vinyl tablecloth that is peaking through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andii View Post
    Very sharp, Judith. The pink and white check is what it is laying on, right?
    Jillnjo, the red print is put out for Basic Grey "Blitzen" for Moda line. It's really cute fabric that is actuallly a christmas print. But it is not christmasy at all. It has vines and mushrooms and birds and trees on it. It's really cute. I thought the color and print were interesting.

That is so interesting what you said about the complimenting the round or going for the focus of the round. I am finding that is the interesting part of a round robin. It's a bit different then the row robin. I'm going over there to check out the progress. I haven't been over there in awhile.

Judith - I love the 9 patches! What a great round.

Here it is next to the center. (hope you don't mind I cut out your design wall from this photo )

Name:  KR3.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  91.3 KB
    Paula

Blog Entries
    Wow!! that is some gorgeous piecing ladies!! I can't wait to see the finished product!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast