Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SID Question fjor LadyBug Quilt

Hello Everyone, I have been so busy,No time to get on here. This LadyBug quilt has to be done before Thursday the 18th. I just finished putting borders on tonight. This is going to be a Baby Quilt for the Floor,or whatever she decides. I want to SID on the sashes. I Believe it makes for a more sturdyer quilt. Then stipple the Lady Bugs. Plus Quilting something simple in the Blank Blocks. Probably a Flower.
    The problem is I pressed open the seams. If I hadn't it would have been kinda bulky. So I need some input. Could I stay in the seam and do a SID or follow the 1/4" seam allowance all around each Block. Which would look the best. I will stencil on the Blank Blocks tomorrow and want to get it sandwiched and ready to quilt by Monday. WHEEE!!!
    BillsBonBon

Lady Bug Quilt Top
    Name:  Attachment-8541.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  95.2 KB

Closer View
    Name:  Attachment-8542.jpe
Views: 56
Size:  55.6 KB

Single Block
    Name:  Attachment-8547.jpe
Views: 58
Size:  67.3 KB

That is such a cute quilt. Love the ladybugs. I would stitch 1/4 inch away from the seam. I love that quilt.

Blog Entries
    You can also use a S or serpentine stitch over the seams, it is decorative and would catch enough of both sides to be sturdy. I use this on the Downy quilts a lot for this reason :D:D:D

What a cute quilt. I like Amma's suggestion of a serpentine stitch. Another thought is to use the "twin needles"-the ones for top-stitching and go down both sides of the seams in one motion (does that make sense?) Please post after you quilt it-I'd like to see it finished. And good luck getting it finished on time.

I like Amma's suggestion also. And I think it's a darling quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    You can also use a S or serpentine stitch over the seams, it is decorative and would catch enough of both sides to be sturdy. I use this on the Downy quilts a lot for this reason :D:D:D
    I like that idea. It would help to strengthen the seams.

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    amma is this a stitch on the machine or do you just do the S shape yourself. I have looked on both my machines. There are different ones that go across but I coudn't find one that looked like an S. BillsBonBon

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    What a cute quilt. I like Amma's suggestion of a serpentine stitch. Another thought is to use the "twin needles"-the ones for top-stitching and go down both sides of the seams in one motion (does that make sense?) Please post after you quilt it-I'd like to see it finished. And good luck getting it finished on time.
    I do have the twin needles and If I cant come up with amma's suggestion whitch I do like then I will probably go that way. Thanks for the Suggestion. I sometimes forget I have twin needles. BillsBonBon

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    That is such a cute quilt. Love the ladybugs. I would stitch 1/4 inch away from the seam. I love that quilt.
    Thank you littlehud. I am going to try the other 2 on a practise block and if not satisfied just do the Quarter inch and be done with it. I don't have much time to complete it. today I will have it sandwiched and tomorrow I pray I will be able to start quilting. BillsBonBon

I love your quilt!! I like the idea of stitching 1/4" away from the seam. I like the puff created and visible in the quilt. BOL with what you decide! It'll look great! :D :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast