Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: some of my fair projects for this year

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    They are all beautiful. I must say though that the giraffe handbag is my fave. Love your vest also.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Beautiful work!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

thanks for all the (praise) everyone loves the vest- and i do too- it is really neat- i did decorative stitching on it with some really awesome threads---they don't really show up in the pic, but in person it's...WOW...unfortunately i did not do such a good job on sizing it (it doesn't fit anyone) and the pockets are not well placed...luckily for me the 'judges' didn't try it on-they based the 1st place on workmanship & appearance...it is well constructed & has a great 'look'...i was actually thinking about cutting it up and using it for something else...but for now it will sit around i guess...
    everyone seems to like the wintery table runner & that is such a simple one to make- i may have to do a tutorial for all of you -- i make those up all the time- it's reversable and often i do a summer side/fall side; or thanksgiving on one side, Christmas on the other---or one that (goes) with home decor on one side and a holiday on the other...sky's the limit- and they go together in just a couple hours...anyhow- thanks everyone...it will take me a couple weeks to put together a tutorial- lots going on for the next 2 weeks i'll be lucky to see my sewing room at all.
    have a great (last week of summer) since next Monday is Labor Day.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    thanks for all the (praise) everyone loves the vest- and i do too- it is really neat- i did decorative stitching on it with some really awesome threads---they don't really show up in the pic, but in person it's...WOW...unfortunately i did not do such a good job on sizing it (it doesn't fit anyone) and the pockets are not well placed...luckily for me the 'judges' didn't try it on-they based the 1st place on workmanship & appearance...it is well constructed & has a great 'look'...i was actually thinking about cutting it up and using it for something else...but for now it will sit around i guess...
    everyone seems to like the wintery table runner & that is such a simple one to make- i may have to do a tutorial for all of you -- i make those up all the time- it's reversable and often i do a summer side/fall side; or thanksgiving on one side, Christmas on the other---or one that (goes) with home decor on one side and a holiday on the other...sky's the limit- and they go together in just a couple hours...anyhow- thanks everyone...it will take me a couple weeks to put together a tutorial- lots going on for the next 2 weeks i'll be lucky to see my sewing room at all.
    have a great (last week of summer) since next Monday is Labor Day.
    Have you considered framing it in a shadow box and hanging it on a wall if it really won't fit any real person.

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

Congratulations! Beautiful work.

All are wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing. Congrads on your wins
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Have you considered framing it in a shadow box and hanging it on a wall if it really won't fit any real person.

i had not thought of that- it is too big for that- i can actually put it on- but the proportions are (off) the pockets cause you to pull your elbows up- -it's just...not right (maybe my arms are just too long)...i had actually thought about turning it into a bag-purse of some sort= my hubby thinks it may actually (work) for one of my granddaughter's though-so we shall see- in the mean time---it will just (hang around)
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

great works,congrats on all the wins
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Wonderful work, where are the pictures of the quilts??

Congratulations! They're all gorgeous!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast