Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Somethingsot right

Thanks to all. I too think the diamonds don't go with this project. Any sugestions on the color I should use instead. I also planned on adding another border of machine embroidery. But I'm not sure that would go with the theme either.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Blog Entries
    love the center... the border-not so much
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    I don't see any of the border colors in the center. Repeat, repeat. I feel the border is much too much for the dresden. The border would look good on something, but the plate is soft looking. I would repeat part of the inner for the outer. JIMHO

I do not like your border with the Dresden Plate. I would go with a simpler border so that the Dresden Plate stands out. Good Luck.

As originally pictured, it lacks harmony. You have colors fighting with each other, patterns fighting with each other, and 'styles' fighting with each other. Sometimes having one of these elements fight with another will work, but not all three.

Change the border to red and blue, or red white and blue to bring the colors out in the Dresden. It shouldn't be too complicated of a border either ... Piano keys (wide strips) might work and "mimic" the Dresden somewhat.

I'm not completely taken with the birds in the corner .. wondering if plain red would be better.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I really like the border but not on the soft and sweet dresden plate. It is just to bold for the center design. I think I see two quilts in your future. Both parts are great apart.

peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    The border is quite overpowering. Isn't it great to be able to ask other here on QB. We have our own great big classroom right here.

Power Poster
    Both parts are great but not together.JMHO If you use the center, do a softer border in blue and cream? The diamond border would look great on a green or blue center panel. It is your quilt though so go with what you think looks best.

som
    Blog Entries
    i love the center ,but i think you nrrd a softer boarder ,maby some red and blue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccorazone View Post
    Thanks to all. I too think the diamonds don't go with this project. Any sugestions on the color I should use instead. I also planned on adding another border of machine embroidery. But I'm not sure that would go with the theme either.
    I would hold this lovely embroidery for another project. The lavender/purple in these flowers isn't shown anywhere else in the quilt. Drop the green diamond border too, as recommended by others. I like the idea of using red.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast