Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu-Stu-Studio

Okay....some people are blessed with an acctual ROOM to dedicate to this addition called quilting. I was told I could use the basement.... :cry:

So I've been trying to get things put together for awhile. It's nothing beautiful....it's not a decorating triumph....but when I look at it I sigh a happy sigh, knowing I can have all my things setup and can leave them setup.

Anyway this is a hodge podge of items left over from when we purchased our new house. The previous owner passed away and they left most of the possesions in the house. It's a combination of old kitchen tables and and island from the kitchen before we remodeled it (which btw works GREAT as a cutting table). Old lamps, etc....but hey nice to be able to repurpose it instead of putting it in the landfill. :)

I still want to paint the knotty pine (the entire basement, and kitchen were knotty pine)And someday I will drywall the basement and make it more of an acctual from....but right now I want to spend that money on a frame to put on the opposite wall :)

At first I was kinda not excited about having the basment, but I am able to spread out, and it's nice and cool in the summer here. Anyway here it is....not much but I LOVE it! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pretty cool!

As long as it functions well for you, woohoo. I have to share my space with a full size bed:< So you've got much more free space than I do.

Blog Entries
    What's not to like. I have a small bedroom and count my self lucky. Enjoy

Love the knotty pine. Look real cozy, one could stay there sewing all day. Have fun.

Wow looks great. I would love to have all that space

Check before you throw away the knotty pine because some places it goes for a good price. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Wish I had that much room, but we do what we can with what we have at the moment. You are blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
    Wish I had that much room, but we do what we can with what we have at the moment. You are blessed.
    This is SO true. Which is why I was happy to be able to repurpose most of the items to make it work for me.

Also I have 2 friends who like to come over and sew with me, so I will try and squeeze 1 more workspace in there.

We sew, watch tv and talk. It's really nice, nothing like creating things together with others.

Oh, I think it's awesome! Would LOVE to have that room! And how lucky to have room for friends to come over too. :)

I'll trade you - I have to use the garage for my LAQ (will have AC in summer and Elec. heat in winter) ANYTIME. The basement is perfect for a get-a-way, also. Everyone needs a hideout.
    It looks like you have a good set up - just ready to sit down and sew
    Have fun.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast