Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Romance by leatheflea

Summer Romance by leatheflea

This quilt was supposed to be in the Iron Quilter Challenge by Missouri Star Quilt Company, but...well....LIFE is always there to change things up a bit. The Birdie motif is a varitation of one that I found at Ivory Spring blog. http://ivoryspring.wordpress.com/200...uilting-motif/ and the pattern is basically my own. I took a couple of ideas from other quilts and made them my own. I have to say that I'm in love with this quilt. Its going in my Studio. I wanted a whole cloth trapanto look so I used 2 layers of batting and tons of micro stippling, and background fills. Karen Mctavish books (I own all but one) also inspired some of the quilting. Theres tons of first for me in this quilt. It was the first time I used double batting, first time hand applique, first time 3D flowers, first time micro stippling and maybe the last, first time curved cross hatching, first time picking out stray thread in the quilt layers after quilting. You can see more detail pictures on my blog. Now I've got a question, How do you get out yellow chalk? yep in the border the chalk that I used for marking has taken a liking to the quilt also. I soaked it in color safe bleach with my hand for aggitation and still it remains....uggg...makes me so sad.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Gorgeous quilt!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

your quilting is impressive.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

You definitely have a gift for quilting and piecing. What an amazing quilt - hope you get to keep this one (after that much work - its like giving birth). Love it.

I did the same thing. But I used red chalk on White fabric and the chalk would not come out. I washed the top and it still didn't come out. Sure ticked me off when I had done all this work and it won't erase. Hope some one else has some good ideas on how to remove it.

Wow..that is spectacular!! So lovely.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Absolutely stunning. I hope you get to enjoy for a lifetime and then pass it on.

Blog Entries
    You would have gotten my vote! Beautiful quilt!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Wow! Just stunning! all of your firsts certainly worked!

Blog Entries
    A gorgeously stunning quilt! You should look for another contest to enter this one in.
    Joyce

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast