Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Summer Romance by leatheflea >

Summer Romance by leatheflea

Summer Romance by leatheflea

Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 PM

Oh Wow, stunning.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:03 PM

I have removed several tough stains from various pieces of clothing by using OxiClean granules. It has never discolored or damaged any of the fabrics. I wet the stain, cover it with the granules, add a little more water, and rub the granules/water area with my finger. I have rolled up the piece of clothing so the granules/water don't dry out. I usually leave it for a day and then check it. Usually the stain is gone; on a few occasions, I added more granules and water, rolled it up and left it another day. Rather than roll up the quilt, you could just put a wet crumpled cloth on top to keep it moist. The only thing I have been unable to remove is soy and teriyaki sauce. Recently I looked online how to remove soy sauce and it mentioned vinegar and it also suggested peroxide, so maybe you can find info online if the OxiClean doesn't work. Good Luck
Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 PM

I read somewhere but have not tried it yet - the Mr. Clean eraser works great - takes everything out. I hope this works for you. Let us know. It also cleans up those dirty yucky white outdoor chairs, then you are to put furniture polish on them.
I must buy some Mr. Clean Erasers. Hubby put new spigots in the kitchen and I could not find any in that mess under the kitchen sink! Must put them on my list since he does the shopping. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 PM

wow, that is beautiful work.