Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Tan & blue Navajo

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl
    "Mommie" I love this, it's absolutely beautiful. Please help your adopted newbie make one :D
    Ok, if this is what you want for your first project we will work on it. Let me see if I have this in another color to give you more ideas on selection of fabrics.

I don't get emails of new postings, so you might need to PM me if you post something especially for me to see....or I might not see it.

Could I use your regular e-mail? When you're ready if you get my supply list to me, and cutting instructions, I could get started. Barb I'm so excited to learn from you, I hope I catch on quickly.

Terry, you can send me regular emails. when we ge started on something definate I will get a posting started so the group can see your progress.

Very pretty! What size are your strips? I'm in the middle of a scrappy one; didn't think to make the strips bigger than 2 1/2" - ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter2B
    Very pretty! What size are your strips? I'm in the middle of a scrappy one; didn't think to make the strips bigger than 2 1/2" - ugh
    The size of these atripsare 4/12 and then the sub cuts are 2 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_MO

please...rephrase this last sentence, please. I do not understand.

I've been thinking about this statement this morning...but not regarding my typing . Re the size of the strips. you can cut the strips 4 1/2 to piece your panels. then cut those panels into strips 2 1/2 in wide.Then you would sew the 2 1/2 in strips together and you would be constructing your top from left to right across the quilt.
    Or, you can cut the strips 2 1/2 in. to sew into panels. then cut the pane into strips 4 1/2 in. wide. constructing the top from left to right, starting a the bottom, working up the length of the quilt.

I hope this is correct...My memory isn't what it used to be and it had been a long time since I made one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow

THANK YOU !!!! ALL CLEAR HERE. Thank you for taking the time for answering.

I've been thinking about this statement this morning...but not regarding my typing . Re the size of the strips. you can cut the strips 4 1/2 to piece your panels. then cut those panels into strips 2 1/2 in wide.Then you would sew the 2 1/2 in strips together and you would be constructing your top from left to right across the quilt.
    Or, you can cut the strips 2 1/2 in. to sew into panels. then cut the pane into strips 4 1/2 in. wide. constructing the top from left to right, starting a the bottom, working up the length of the quilt.

I hope this is correct...My memory isn't what it used to be and it had been a long time since I made one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6