Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tube quilt block

Should I mix up the colors? I'm thinking not having the purple on the outside all the time. Maybe every third block and move around the yellow and green...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I like it. Just have fun with it.

Great colors - I would do the same and mix up the yellow/green.

That's going to be a "fun" quilt to make ... every time you work with it, you'll be bound to be happy!!

When the corners come together the four pieces are going to give you a purple square on point. I think it'd be nice ... and help frame up the green and yellow.

Though if that's not the look you want ... then, perhaps you want to switch the colours around or add an 4th colour?

OMGosh....I really like that block! Can I ask what the name of the block is and is it hard??

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    That's going to be a "fun" quilt to make ... every time you work with it, you'll be bound to be happy!!

When the corners come together the four pieces are going to give you a purple square on point. I think it'd be nice ... and help frame up the green and yellow.

Though if that's not the look you want ... then, perhaps you want to switch the colours around or add an 4th colour?
    I think I will make a few more just like this and lay them out and take a look. Thanks. Don't want to add a 4th. My DGD asked for these 3 colors. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    OMGosh....I really like that block! Can I ask what the name of the block is and is it hard??
    It is a tube quilt block. Search on this board for tube quilt and you will find how to do it. It really isn't hard. I did get the 4 parts sewn wrong and had to take out the stitches and be very careful how I sewed them together. Won't make that mistake again! Ha! The purple is a 6 1/2 inches wide strip and I cut the other two 3 1/2 so when I sewed them I would have 6 1/2 ". Then you just cut triangles.

Quote Originally Posted by Homespun

I think I will make a few more just like this and lay them out and take a look. Thanks. Don't want to add a 4th. My DGD asked for these 3 colors. : )
    Absolutely ... keep to DGDs plan!
    The four purples together would give you a nice block of colour to do some fancy quilting!

<--------- another tube quilt project!

<--------- another tube quilt project!
    How did you get those lines? Can I see a bigger pic of this?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast